New Data Saving Feature In Firefox Beta

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Gone are the years of unlimited all you can eat 4G LTE data, for many of you that is. I am still holding on to my grandfathered Alltel plan for dear life. You can't beat unlimited 4G plus unlimited texts and 500 minutes to share for just $145! For those of you on a shared data plan or a limited data plan you might want to check out the latest update to the Firefox Beta app which is now available on the Play Store!

The update brings the app to version 47. There are several small settings that have been added in an attempt to save the end users data. There is a new "Show/Hide web fonts" feature in advanced settings to reduce bandwidth, and a new feature which stops data usage when Firefox is in the background and a page uses a meta refresh. The update also kills support for Gingerbread devices. You can grab Firefox beta for free from the Play link below.

via Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Grandfathered Verizon UP here, but any way that apps and OSs can help to reduce data consumption is a good thing.

Honestly though, I haven't used Firefox in so long, probably since Chrome was introduced, if not longer. I'm going to DL now and see what I've been missing.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ff is still a memory hog on PC. So I never put it on my phone

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ff is still a memory hog on PC. So I never put it on my phone
I gave up on it years ago on my phone because it was buggy and lots of hiccups with the beta versions. They should've been called alpha imo
Anyway, Opera has had the data saver stuff,a must have when you have craptacular reception no matter how much data your plan has, and I've just always preferred it over Chrome when choosing between the 2. I also use Opera mini on my Gear S.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
i recently switched to a FF life for awhile to test it out. I was pretty happy. FF is no more hoggy on pc then Chrome is.
I actually liked it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Butterfly2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Twitter
Butterfly2
Is ff available in Apple store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk