New D2G soak test

eMWu

Reaction score
Is there an e-mail address the testers can use to send feedback to the developers? Or is it done another way?

Maybe it would be useful to create a topic for those of us not taking part in the soak test, but are familiar with the leaked GB, in which we could point out bugs and suggestions, so the testers can forward them.

My suggestion is not really GB related, but I'd love if someone could request fixing USSD codes, so they work on GSM networks.

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
Huh - I slept over all this. So the test is 4.5.607 like the one on rootzwiki?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Yup, it's 4.5.607. Going to check bootloader now. Be right back with some results. Oh and guys, if you want to fix that 3G icon shifting by a pixel, check the D2G hacks section. I just put them up, simultaneously too on RootzWiki as well.

czervick212

Reaction score
Did you by any chance bootstrap? Might want to sbf, but instead of wiping data, only wipe cache. If you haven't, reboot to recovery (hold x and power recovery), and then wipe cache. Then reboot and let the update run.

so i did all that and the update still failed. it finishes downloading,reboots,goes to android recovery screen with a status bar. it zooms to abbout a third of the waythere then the picture getsthe exclamationpoint in it and it reboots like regular. loads up and popup says update failed, then i go backtothe internet. for the record, i bootstrapped once a long time ago but ubdid it (delete hijack and logwrapper, rename logwrapper.bin) i also rooted with z4root which ive read mightbe the issue. i tried the update once roote, then unrooted with z4root'tried again, uninstalled root apps, tried again, went to recovery and cleared cache, tried again. uninstalled z4root in hopes that it will help but im sceptical. i also rerooted with superoneclick since its fasterand such. ill sbf if i have to but id prefer not to go through backing up each app(pretty sure i dont know how to use titanium) and all that stress.

thank you very much for your help,i sincerly appreciate it.
also i feel like this is worth mentioning,every time i try to update i have to redownload the update...is that normal?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Again:

On your stock 2.4.330, root and install CWM.
Head to CWM, perform a backup.
Once done, SBF, and update to 4.5.607.
On 4.5.607, root and install CWM.
Head to CWM, choose Advanced Restore and restore only the /data partition.

You're set.

americanz

Reaction score
Again:

On your stock 2.4.330, root and install CWM.
Head to CWM, perform a backup.
Once done, SBF, and update to 4.5.607.
On 4.5.607, root and install CWM.
Head to CWM, choose Advanced Restore and restore only the /data partition.

You're set.

How do you install cwm with out bootstrap?

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

americanz

Reaction score
Any word on the official ota release?

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
americanz,

Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon".

See also:

Valve Time
"When it's done"

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I’ve been running GB on my Droid 1 for a long time; (SimplyStunning 5.5) that version has the Drop Down Power Menu. A few of the customROM’s I have tried with my D2G had that feature also.
I thought the drop down power menu was a Ginger Bread thing.Why Doesn’t the Leaked GB for the D2G have that feature? Guess I’ll just haveto wait for the CM rom to be finished.

silver6054

Reaction score
Well, that's what we get for Blur phoning home..

I'd love to know more to decipher what the hell is actually being phoned home..

Looks like the info is pretty detailed. On the soak test threads on Moto Owner, people are providing MEIDs saying that the upgrade failed, and getting responses such as:
=============
It looks like you've modified /system/bin/logwrapper on your device. You'll need to get back to the official 2.4.330 in order to install the update.
=============

So at least the soak test process allows them to see why upgrades fail. Now, I guess this info could be sent to Verizon to void warranties as well! (The soak test instructions ask you to be honest about rooting and modifying, but don't promise immunity...)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The funny thing is, you can easily see what the problem is by applying the update manually via the stock recovery instead of using the “automatic” update process.

That way, recovery throws its exceptions at you, f.ex. about logwrapper's SHA checksum mismatch.