New D2G soak test

Ryujin13

Reaction score
Well, a certain person claims they managed to pull 4.5.607 from Motorola's update servers ahead of time, so some people might start “soak testing” it in a few hours.

If that's true that's awesome

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
Just got email re the soak test saying that my phone has a non standard load (which is indeed true, running the prerooted gb leak) they ask if I can revert by tonight.

So, I guess given the meid, moto knows what we are doing!

anguish

Reaction score
Just got email re the soak test saying that my phone has a non standard load (which is indeed true, running the prerooted gb leak) they ask if I can revert by tonight.

Well, that's what we get for Blur phoning home..

I'd love to know more to decipher what the hell is actually being phoned home..

warped1987

Reaction score

I was wondering the same thing myself, if by giving out the MEID if they can tell what my phone has one it. I doubt a little z4 root would stop me from getting the soak, especially since I un-rooted it. If they asked you to undo your stuff by tonight that might be a good sign!

jojoferari

Reaction score
A friend of mine :) got the same email affording him the opportunity to get back to stock tonight and participate in the soak... He is now back at stock and very curious what will happen next.

captain howdy

Reaction score
From what I understand it only Verizon that has a problem with moding your phone thus the locked bootloader, Motorola always intended the phone to be unlocked. Perhaps this is a great sign now that the d2 & d2g are on the eol list.

OP
R

rusty815

Reaction score
i was just told via email from a motorola rep that it is indeed tonight, i reverted my phone back to stock and will be patiently waiting for it, its probably the same version as the one that was just leaked a while ago, but id rather have it from moto, please report here if you get the soak.

jojoferari

Reaction score
Did you have to complete the non-stock survey?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm still waiting here, though I got a rather rude response on the support forums when I asked if FOTA was the only thing the update relied on to be pushed to my phone. Task killers, even used in a way that I find tried and trued to be useful, are still hated.

jojoferari

Reaction score
My friend is at 7%. Sweet!

maxwellag

Reaction score
How do you get the soak test? I got the email but it went to spam or something, and now I can't find it. :( please help!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

rpdonald

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything you can do. The test has started. I might ask in the Motorola user forums.

maxwellag

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything you can do. The test has started. I might ask in the Motorola user forums.

What r u at now? Im assuming it got farther... lol.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL