New bionic duplicate text messaging?

ogzer707

Reaction score
So upgraded to bionic from og droid running bugless. When somebody texts me I get two notifications. One is like og droid. The other one just says you have an unread message.. And it doesn't go away after reading my one and only text message? I have no other messenger just stock. Any ideas?
One notification looks like an envelope. The other troublemaker looks like a postcard?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
No issues here all stock. Double check and make sure no other messaging app got installed somehow.

yiannis

Reaction score
How about disabling the notifications on the stock messenging app and using handcent? I remember being annoyed by that with the D1.

OP
ogzer707

ogzer707

Reaction score
I was trying to see if I could fix it before I tried handcent. It's getting annoying fast. So I'll try it in the meantime. Thanks.

Edit. I've tried disabling stock messenger I still get the other notification says u have an unread message. So after I install hand cent I'll still getnthat second notification it seems

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
look in your app drawer under "all apps" and see if you can spot a 2nd messaging app installed. sounds like there is considering the 2 different icons

OP
ogzer707

ogzer707

Reaction score
In all apps I have messaging and text messaging. Text messaging looks the same as my notification icon that's normal.

Reaction score
That is an odd one. I have not had this problem. The messaging and text message apps are normal. The messaging app is just a one stop shop for all messages but does not create a notification itself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
ogzer707

ogzer707

Reaction score
It's being a PITA. So I change my text notification. And when I get texts now. I still get two notifications but the second has the old sound. I think I'm gonna hard reset before I get too far.

OP
ogzer707

ogzer707

Reaction score
SOLVED.... It was beautiful widgets. When installed caused the problem uninstalled all is good.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Weird I have BW and have had no problems at all with text messaging...now my X I would get like 2 to 5 duplicate messages sometimes so I was hoping the it was a blur problem that was resolved!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
ogzer707

ogzer707

Reaction score
Do you have the animation add on installed? I want bw back.