New android tab!!

in99flames

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a WooW! Digital I-7u android 2.1 tablet. Its a really nice tab. Id say its major flaw is the touch screen being resistive instead of being capacitive. The price was right, they shipped it fast and it came with tons of goodies.

Using z4root, I was able to root the tablet. WIth that done, Ive been feverishly looking to overclock its processor. I used setCPU, but its not really used for overclocking....Im not sure what else I can do to overclock it. It runs at 720Mhz which isnt bad really, but If i could push it to like 900mhz or so i think it would make a nice improvement on performance. The processor is a Telechips8902. Anybody know of a program that can overclock this? I am only looking for a conservative overclock (bring from 720 up to between 800-900mhz). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!! Look up WooW! Digital in google to find more specs from the manufacturers website.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
congrats on the new tablet.

mind posting some pics? and how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't have an area set up for that tablet and it can't stay in Droid General Discussion so I have to move it off topic.

OP
in99flames

in99flames

Reaction score
it was about 240 shipped. Came with 2 USB cables, HDMI cable, headphones, wall charger(had chinese connectors on charger so i had to buy a US wall adapter no biggie 10 bucks at radio shack.), 2 stylus(styli?), a protective sleeve for it, 1 screen protector, a leather portfolio case with a keyboard(connects via USB port on side of tab). It was a pretty sweet deal, the touch screen supports multi touch and has a G-sensor. Out of all the tabs I found, this was definitely the best bang for the buck. See pictures from their website, they will be better than anything I post. The speaker on it is nice and loud. It is upgradeable to 2.2 when they release it for the tab. I had emailed them on it 2 days ago and said they will let me know when it comes out.
The touch screen bugged me at first, but i got used to it, now it doesnt bother me. I use the stylus or fingernail and it responds nicely. Angry Birds works great and smooth too :)

SO yea, just looking to overclock it slightly at this point. ANy Ideas?