Samsung Galaxy Tab Sold 2 Million So Far

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The Galaxy Tab is certainly one device not to be overlooked. The sales numbers are in and it is still holding on to the title “bestselling Android tablet”. In an article published by Korean news agency Yonap, they shared confirmation from Samsung of how well the Tab is doing in terms of worldwide sales figures. The numbers came out at just over 2,000,000 tablets sold, with the market looking best in North America, Europe, and its homeland in Asia. This is not too much of a surprise, considering the experience I had with this tablet.

I have had the Galaxy Tab for 2 months now, and here is what I have to say about Samsung's first Android tablet --if you missed the other 100 times I wrote about it. The tablet is a great start to a new line of Android powered mobile computers that embodies the looks, features, and specs to take on Apple’s very best iPad. It is the perfect size to carry around with you in your back pocket. This being first gen hardware, it has its drawbacks. The biggest is how slow the processor is, with my device freezing up and becoming unusable 1/3 of the time, and the GPS takes a long time to get an accurate lock in. The good news is, there are some rumors going around that the tablet will be updated with a faster processor. When I get my hands on that, I’ll let give you my impressions.

That’s my two cents on this tablet. I enjoy it, regardless of the very few problems it has. If you own a Tab, share your thoughts below...

Source: (Samsung Galaxy Tab sales surpass 2 million units, report claims | BGR | Boy Genius Report)

Last edited by a moderator:

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had my GT since the T-Mo launch. I have not had any of the negative issues you describe (slow, FC or lock-ups). The GPS has been slow to lock on compared to 3 Droid phones I've owned, but there's a fix for that over on the XDA forums.