New Android Market App, version 3.1.5, Available for Download

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android_Market-bag.png

There is a new version of the Android Market app available for download now. It's a challenge to see how it is different, because it looks identical, but from the reports we have been hearing, it is faster. This leads us to believe that the primary changes they made were simply optimizations and improvements for performance. If you notice anything else that seems different sound off in the forums. Here's a download link below, and a source link to XDA for originally finding the story.

Download: Android Market App Version 3.1.5

Source: XDA

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I would definitely accept bug fixes and performance upgrades as being more ten enough to install this. I do not know if it is just my device but it seems the last few versions of the market did not play nicely.

Thanks for posting it up for us!

androidweirdo

Reaction score
which version of the market is this? I still have the old market, Not the new one that has the books, movies ect. As HTC hasn't updated their market for the Dinc2 but my friend that has the Sam fascinate has the i guess would be "new market"

mtuchris

Reaction score
I tried downloading and installing twice and got "application not installed" both times. Any advice?

Devo_

Reaction score
You have to push it via adb or terminal emulator. Make sure to have a backup just in case.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You might not need to use adb. If you have an update on the market currently then you just may need to uninstall it. Go into settings > applications > manage applications > downloaded, then scroll to market and select it. After than see if there is an option to uninstall updates. If there is do it and then try installing the new one without opening the market first.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
New, Huh?

This thing pushed to my phone two days ago. It cleared up the problem I had with the market not
showing the free aps I had downloaded.... dancedroid

mtuchris

Reaction score
I am running Apex and the dark market apk. I'll try the adb method.

KJW979

Reaction score
I believe Google updating on own. Just noticed today my market updated from 3.1.3 to 3.1.5.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jedihep

Reaction score
This thing pushed to my phone two days ago. It cleared up the problem I had with the market not
showing the free aps I had downloaded.... dancedroid

I have found the same result. Since the newly redesigned market was pushed to my OG Droid quite some time ago, it would only show 3 of my 174 apps, paid or otherwise. Since installing this update in now recognizes all my apps!!! Yeah! Bravo! (does happy dance) Good work!!!!!!

KJW979

Reaction score
Noticed with update market opens faster and apps load faster. Previous version irritated me as was so slow.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score
My phone just updated... and it screwed up my Market. Now only recognizes half my installed apps, and has 3 apps I currently use under a listing of 'not installed'

tried to uninstall, and it just reinstalled it and created the same problem.

WHAT THE (@#$(*()$*&

:icon_cussing:

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
I also have new version 3.1.5 and thinking about I notice faster load time and also seeing all my apps I downloaded.