New Android L Build Includes Altered Navigation Keys and Status Bar Icons

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-5-LMP-build-with-tweaked-icons-horz.jpg

According to a report from PhoneArena, a new Android L build was recently spotted on Google's Chromium tracker. It supposedly shows off some UI tweaks which include altered Navigation Keys and Status Bar Icons.

In case you haven't heard of it, Chromium tracker is a bug submission tool for Google products. This latest submission was the LMP LRW87D build running on a Nexus 5 and at first glance didn't appear too different than current Android. However, after closer inspection, you can definitely make out some slightly tweaked elements, especially in the he software navigation keys and the status bar icons.

Above is a combined image to compare the differences between current Android KitKat and these Android L changes.

Source: PhoneArena

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Will a launcher disable the navigation keys? Aren't they present inside of apps as well?

Or will Google give you the option to disable them in the system settings?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
With the LG G3, you can choose which apps the navigation bar displays in - you access them via a swipe up (this is a stock feature on that phone)...

realged13

Reaction score
I still haven't quiet figured out the purpose in having different shapes?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
One is the back button, one is the home button, and one is the task button? I just realized I will probably never see these.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Hm, weird that they made the navigation buttons smaller; I'm not sure if I like that change. The notification bar looks nice