New and totally distracted by my phone

synsphotos

Reaction score
Got my Droid Incredible yesterday and haven't done much else since then!
I've figured out how to download picture attachments from my gmail, but not from a text? I've searched through all the user manuals (is it me or do they only state the obvious?) and can't figure it out. When I hold my finger on the image, I see menu selections flash quickly. I just want to be able to save them into my gallery!

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Got my Droid Incredible yesterday and haven't done much else since then!
I've figured out how to download picture attachments from my gmail, but not from a text? I've searched through all the user manuals (is it me or do they only state the obvious?) and can't figure it out. When I hold my finger on the image, I see menu selections flash quickly. I just want to be able to save them into my gallery!

Does a long press on the picture not bring up additional options?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid so my comments may not be applicable.

When I receive a text with a photo, I simple long press (press and hold) on the photo. This opens a window with several options. To save, I tap Copy attached to SD card and my picture is saved to a file on my SD card called "downloads"

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
S

synsphotos

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was tapping and holding AFTER the photo opened instead of doing it directly in the text!!! Big DUH!!!

I'm still distracted by my phone!!