Droid Camera Gallery- where are all my pix?

atlbeachfla

Reaction score
Hello Forum Mates-

I bought my verizon droid last spring. When we asked the guys at the verizon store to transfer data from my blackberry, only about half the pictures transferred.

Today I realized that all the transferred pictures, as well as many pictures I took since, are no longer in my gallery. It seems my phone is holding only 120 pictures. I tried deleting some new photos to see if older ones would reappear but none did.

I can't seem to figure out a way to recover anything from my SD card. I can't figure out a way to set up my camera/gallery so that pictures are saved in my phone and one my SD card. I removed my SD card and it had no effect on my gallery.

Why didn't all my blackberry pix load into my droid?
Why are pictures dropping out of my gallery (why are they being replaced by new pictures)?
Is there any way to recover the pictures that have disappeared?

Many thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Which Samsung phone do you have? Have you tried your file manger app (might be listes as "files" in your app drawer) to see if you have a DCIM folder on either your internal memory or SD card...depending on your phone, the gallery app may not be reading the SD card for possible pics and the camera may not be saving to the SD card...there would be settings in the respective apps for each of these options (or should be)....

OP
A

atlbeachfla

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply!

From what I can tell if a photo was emailed to me it got save to my SD card. Those are the only ones in the gallery folder labeled SD.

None of the photos I took were save to my SD card. I can't figure out why they weren't save to my SD card, I can't figure out why my photos drop out of my gallery when I get to 120, snd I am afraid that all the gallery photos that dropped off are gone forever. (Of course they include precious pix of my kids.) And I can't figure out how to save my own photos to the SD card.