Gallery won't update with pics

TheCleaner

Reaction score
In 2.1 whenever I created a folder on my SD card called "PIX" and dropped some pics from my computer on there it would automatically update the gallery with those pictures as a new folder.

In 2.2 so far I have yet to have that happen. Does anyone know if this "feature" either went away or just isn't working properly?

Is there a correct way to have pics show up in the gallery that aren't pictures from the camera itself?

droider4life

Reaction score
In 2.1 whenever I created a folder on my SD card called "PIX" and dropped some pics from my computer on there it would automatically update the gallery with those pictures as a new folder.

In 2.2 so far I have yet to have that happen. Does anyone know if this "feature" either went away or just isn't working properly?

Is there a correct way to have pics show up in the gallery that aren't pictures from the camera itself?
i use to have this problem... i have since downloaded sdrescan from the market and it works great.. just hit the scan button and they show up

pool_shark

Reaction score
i use to have this problem... i have since downloaded sdrescan from the market and it works great.. just hit the scan button and they show up

Thank you. I've been looking for something other than a reboot to refresh the gallery. It should happen automatically within the OS but, at least I don't have to reboot every time I add pics.

droider4life

Reaction score

Thank you. I've been looking for something other than a reboot to refresh the gallery. It should happen automatically within the OS but, at least I don't have to reboot every time I add pics.
glad it worked for you... :icon_ banana: