On Phone: Check
On PC: Check
Wireless Router: D-link DIR-628: Check
PS3: Check
Communication between PC, PS3 and Router: Check
Communication between PC, Droid X and Internet: Check
Internet connection shared in windows between WiFi and Droid X: Check
PS3's ability to connect to the internet by way of router to PC to Droid: FAIL
So, here it is: I can't share the internet connection to my PS3 through the router from my PC, which is getting it from the Droid. PS3 does not support Ad-Hoc wireless connection, so that is out of the question. Internet MUST go through a router, but I don't know that I know what I am doing when I get that in depth into the problem. Suggestions? (Oh and the $20 a month for wifi hotspot is not a valid solution to this problem... :p)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Mikltk! That checklist you made is excellent. Please keep in mind the time. A lot of folks are sleeping away right now. You might need a couple bumps during the day to get some help. Good luck! :D

OP
M

mikltk

Reaction score
Definately, and thanks for the welcome and advice. I'll post some more details on the problem tomorrow in hopes that it keeps the thread active and gets some attention during the day.

OP
M

mikltk

Reaction score
New morning for Ideas

Ok, so I posted my question WAY too late last night obviously for most of you as I got a whopping one response. Thought I would kick start the thread this morning with another post seeking suggestions. Here is a list of things I have tried to do without success:
Ad-Hoc the PC to the PS3
Connect the PC's LAN connection to the router's Internet jack and share PdaNet with my LAN
Connect PC LAN to one of the network connection slots on the router with same sharing
Direct connection of phone to PS3 (Note PS3 will only connect networked to Ethernet, so plugging in the USB cable, while futile seemed a good idea to try...)
*** UPDATE ***
Just got a revelation after googling connecting the PS3 to a PC's internet... I am about to try just etherneting the PC to the PS3. Wish me luck!!! Will post the results.
*** UPDATE 2 ***
Huston we have victory. So here is the current setup, if you have suggestions on how to simplify the situation or allow this setup to go wireless PLEASE SHARE!! I am willing to do experimenting with my connection if you guys come up with reasonable suggestions. Setup:
PdaNet Lite Free is installed on Droid X
PdaNet desktop client 2.45 installed on PC
Droid X connected via USB to the PC
PC connected via ethernet to the PS3
Shared the internet connection from the PdaNet to the LAN
Connected PS3 via Wired connection to the internet through the PC and Droid.

Last edited: