Needing a quick way to silence my Moto Droid

Glide

Reaction score
I know I can hit the sleep button twice to get to the lock screen, keep tapping on the volume button, or drill down through settings, but is there a simple little app that will allow me to quickly toggle silence mode on and off?

It would really be nice to press an icon on my home screen to do the trick. I need to be able to quickly silence the phone before walking into meetings, etc.

OP
G

Glide

Reaction score
Yeah, got that. The problem is getting to the lock screen quickly. The only way I know how is by hitting the sleep button. If I'm already using the phone, hitting the sleep button twice to get to the lock screen is a hassle.

Not really a problem, just wondering if there is a quicker way.

jay2068

Reaction score
My omnia had a nice feature when you set it face down it would enter privacy mode and no sounds or vibrations would occur. Would be nice to have something like this on the Droid:motdroidvert:.

Naruto

Reaction score
My omnia had a nice feature when you set it face down it would enter privacy mode and no sounds or vibrations would occur. Would be nice to have something like this on the Droid:motdroidvert:.

I saw an app in the Market where you could put in certain locations on the map. Whenever you were at those locations the phone would recognize it and turn your phone to silent. It's a great tool for when you're at work or school.

OP
G

Glide

Reaction score
I already did the shortcut thing. Still more taps than I was hoping for, but guess it'll do.

Thanks all

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Yes, there's a silence widget out there. I remember seeing it, but I forgot what it was called. I'll let you know if I find it again.

Starsushi

Reaction score
The free app I'm using is called, "ring toggle".

I'm still trying to find some way though to quickly turn off music if anyone has any ideas.

drewshaver

Reaction score
i use silentmode onoff . provides a widget you click it and no noise. click again to reverse. works wonderfully

drewshaver

Reaction score
I didnt realize you could do this..
i guess the only consideration is if u have it at a specific volume level then getting back there is not as simple as holding it down, you have to click a few times to get it precisely where you want.
then again, i keep it at max so i will prolly just hold it down from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

Glide

Reaction score
Hey, thanks all. I found an app called "Ringer Toggle Widget". Since I'm often in situations where I need to silence my Droid very quickly. This works perfect for Ringer/Silence/Vibrate.