Need VZW Rep or others to confirm

IamGov

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how VZW reps are pushing Samsung products ? Anyone think this maybe because VZW spent so little on advertising it that they are counting on their people? Is it a way to test their marketing as to see if salespeople or cool ads sell more phones. I mean look around these forums, seems everyone of us had these phones recommended to us by VZW people. Just curious to know what others think, thanks.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

nseven

Reaction score
I'm a rep, and as far as I know in my area we aren't pushed to sell anything besides iPads and Tabs....otherwise phonewise as long as its a smart phone VZW doesn't care what you buy. I've been using the Fascinate coming from the Incredible since it came out, it's rooted or I'd prob hate all the VZW spam they put on it. It's been a really good phone, but I'm looking forward to the i520 or htc adr6400 now....

GDP

Reaction score
They actually tried to get me to buy a Droid X. They briefly mentioned the Fascinate but wouldn't shut up about the X. I decided to go with the Fascinate though because the X seems to boxy and heavy to me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

bluevolume

Reaction score
No consistency from my experience. Had some say the Fascinate was the best, others say its riddled with problems.

Makes perfect sense that V doesn't care what smartphone you buy, as long as you buy one. Their revenue stream comes from the wireless service.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
I went by my vzw store today and out of like 10 people working there 7 had this phone I think they push it because its a great phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Well I've had too many disappointments with the reps that I gave up talking to them.

8pened!

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I quit going to vz and started buying phones at best buy phones are cheeper in price they didnt try and push anything I chose the fascinate because of the speed and looks. Coming from an eris (that thing just bad all the way around) have had no issue with my fascinate and cant wait for the update just like everyone else.

regulis7

Reaction score
Most VZW Reps will recommend the device that they have the most exp with, and in most cases it is the device they are currently using. I have never had any member of management advise me to "recommend" any particular manufacturer's device over another.

octoberdana

Reaction score
When I went to buy my phone the VZW wireless rep told me about the features of the 3 phones I was considering; the incredible, the fascinate, and the continuum. She didn't steer me in any direction. She told me there were great things about all 3 phones when asked her which one she would get for me she told me to take as long as I needed to try them all out. It we nice not to be coerced a certain direction.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid Forums App

Beka27

Reaction score
When we got our DXs, our saleswoman told us she had wanted to upgrade to the X but it wasn't "available" for her. She HAD to get the Fascinate instead, I guess PER Verizon? So I'm not sure why they can only have certain phones, or if this was just some kind of bizarre situation... But even tho she had the Fascinate, she didn't push us towards it at all.

Reaction score
Back in the day (showing age), there were these things called SPIFFs... that retail sales reps would get if they sold a certain product. It was cash incentive to sell one product over another, which is why a lot of sales reps would push you towards one product regardless of how they felt about it, because they would get an extra 50 bucks in their pocket from the manufacturer. It's the reason electronics stores put certain products up front and center, and hide others in the back corner. Not because the products featured are "better", but because sales reps (and stores) earn extra money on them. Though it's a generalization, the words honesty and sales rep rarely go hand in hand. In some respect, it's not their fault, it's the business. The few that offer up their knowledge in an unbiased manner are to be commended.

Wyo99

Reaction score
When we got our DXs, our saleswoman told us she had wanted to upgrade to the X but it wasn't "available" for her. She HAD to get the Fascinate instead, I guess PER Verizon? So I'm not sure why they can only have certain phones, or if this was just some kind of bizarre situation... But even tho she had the Fascinate, she didn't push us towards it at all.

That's odd that she'd say it was "available" to her. My sister works for Verizon and has always been able to get what ever phone she'd like for her personal phone, as for her company phone, I think there are certain phones they can/have to chose from.