VZW rep said that T Bolt and X2 can get GB today.....DX being advised not to

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a VZW rep a couple hours ago because I was curious if the X2 arriving on Tue would have GB on it. She said it would not....but "I could pull the update when I get the phone". I asked is it available and she said that it was...."X2 and Thunderbolt could start pulling the update as of early today".

Now I believe that the X2 will not have GB already on it. But I am curious if she is right about the rest....can anyone verify this? If you have an unrooted TBolt or X2 can you check and see if you have an update available for me please.

Another thing she said was that "Verizon and Motorola have been in communication" and that "Moto advised VZW to....advise X's to NOT pull the GB update and wait for the push out from Motorola".

This again confused me....haven't people had the update pushed to them or did everyone check and pull it? I thought people were getting it pushed. I am so lost now.....is she misinformed or is this accurate?

She continued to say only about 20% or so of the devices receiving GB are having issues. Currently "Motorola and Verizon are working hard to patch the issues and push out a release" she also said that "Google is also assisting us in locating the incompatibilities"

What incompatibilities could that mean? I mean if there were incompatibilities then wouldn't 100% of the devices have the same issue?

Can someone clear this up for me?

If you can pull an update will you please post up here with any luck we can copy the zip (I believe it will be named update.zip) off the phone and maybe someone here knows how to send it to P3Droid so we can get some root action.

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Did u know the thunderbolt Gingerbread update was released to VZW for release 3 weeks ago. The day it was to be released Htc pulled it. The reason I say this is because Moto did the same with the release for the DROID Pro. Hopefully this means we'll have a similar timeline. I also know that the GB SWUD is imminent for the Dx 2. Good day. :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am on a gingerbread Rom, but this is the first I heard of tbolt getting gingerbread.

sent from droidforums app

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did u know the thunderbolt Gingerbread update was released to VZW for release 3 weeks ago. The day it was to be released Htc pulled it. The reason I say this is because Moto did the same with the release for the DROID Pro. Hopefully this means we'll have a similar timeline. I also know that the GB SWUD is imminent for the Dx 2. Good day. :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

I knew something was released a few weeks ago but I thought it was just the radio or something.