NEED to get back to SPRecovery from Clockwork, 2.2 BB to 2.1

cscohammers7

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm kinda freaking out and maybe I shouldn't be, Idk. I installed the Froyo Bugless Beast using ROM manager and didn't realize I flashed Clockwork in the process. Then I was like, eff this, I'm going back to Smoked Glass 6.0 (2.1). Little did I realize Clockwork and SPRecovery backups aren't interchangeable. Now my phone won't get past the Motorola logo after messing around with the BB Froyo. I NEED to get SPRecovery back on here to restore my Smoked Glass ROM, I have a phone that from what I read isn't bricked since I can still access the recovery screen. It's just not the recovery screen I need and I have no idea how to load SPRecovery to restore my stuff with a phone that is frozen at the Moto logo. Please help! And thanks in advance.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm kinda freaking out and maybe I shouldn't be, Idk. I installed the Froyo Bugless Beast using ROM manager and didn't realize I flashed Clockwork in the process. Then I was like, eff this, I'm going back to Smoked Glass 6.0 (2.1). Little did I realize Clockwork and SPRecovery backups aren't interchangeable. Now my phone won't get past the Motorola logo after messing around with the BB Froyo. I NEED to get SPRecovery back on here to restore my Smoked Glass ROM, I have a phone that from what I read isn't bricked since I can still access the recovery screen. It's just not the recovery screen I need and I have no idea how to load SPRecovery to restore my stuff with a phone that is frozen at the Moto logo. Please help! And thanks in advance.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

box option 2 should do it for you.

Thank God for Chris's guide. :)

filkbomb

Reaction score
You can also try reloading froyo bb from clockwork recovery. Then redownload rom manager. Then at the bottem of rom manager there is an option to load up sprecovery. Then go back to smoked glass.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No need for rsd on this, like previous poster said flash back to BB in clockwork, once its loaded use rom manager to flash sprecovery and you should be good. Also for future reference. Rom manager only uses clockwork recovery. If you want to use rom manager you gotta use clockwork.

Jason

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No need for rsd on this, like previous poster said flash back to BB in clockwork, once its loaded use rom manager to flash sprecovery and you should be good. Also for future reference. Rom manager only uses clockwork recovery. If you want to use rom manager you gotta use clockwork.

Jason

I had forgot that he could do that...