Help! I'm stuck!

Z Droid

Reaction score
So I'm a bit of a newbie and seem to be stuck. So I was rooted running AdamZ's smoked glass rom. I purchased the rom manager and updated to the newest version of the smoked glass rom. Now I can't overclock because it says I'm not rooted anymore. I got the dmupdater and it ran its process and said I'm rooted, but I'm not. I had to flash clockwork mod recovery for rom manager and when I go into the rom manager and try to re-flash sprecovery it comes up with an error saying an error occurred when trying torun priveleged commands. When I reboot into recovery it says there are no files in my nandroid folder and none in the advanced restore so I can't do anything. Could someone help me get back to sprecovery so I can re-root and change roms again? Thanks in advance!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pick a rom (ie UD 9.0, SS, Bugless Beast).
Download it on to you computer.
Rename it update.zip (update for windows 7).
Mount your phone to your computer.
Place the file (update.zip) on the root of your sdcard (that means it dont go into any folders)
unmount
reboot into recovery (power off, power on while holding x)
Click allow update.zip
click install
wipe data and cache
reboot

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure the rom you choose is in a zip file.

OP
Z

Z Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. So I downloaded AdamZ's Smoked Glass V.6 from his thread, renamed it update.zip and put it on the root of my sdcard. I still have the clockworkmod recovery and when I hit apply sdcard:update.zip it says "can't open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) installation aborted". I also tried pressing install zip from sdcard and then apply sdcard:update.zip and it says the same thing. What should I try next?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok Adamz's ROM won't work as an update.zip its a different format. Try BB V9 using its update.zip and follow the same steps, should get you squared away.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I'm a bit of a newbie and seem to be stuck. So I was rooted running AdamZ's smoked glass rom. I purchased the rom manager and updated to the newest version of the smoked glass rom. Now I can't overclock because it says I'm not rooted anymore. I got the dmupdater and it ran its process and said I'm rooted, but I'm not. I had to flash clockwork mod recovery for rom manager and when I go into the rom manager and try to re-flash sprecovery it comes up with an error saying an error occurred when trying torun priveleged commands. When I reboot into recovery it says there are no files in my nandroid folder and none in the advanced restore so I can't do anything. Could someone help me get back to sprecovery so I can re-root and change roms again? Thanks in advance!

Which version of Smoked Glass were you on and which version is available within Rom Manager? It always helps to know where someone is coming from and where they are headed to.

OP
Z

Z Droid

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks for the help and have a great one!