Need some major help plz

Droid592

Reaction score
Ok so i like my rezound a lot, i have had zero issues but here is my biggest let down so far.....there is still to this day no S-Off and i definitely worry about all (most) devs going over to the nexus when it drops and leaving this phone behind. I still have a chance to return my rezound and get the nexus only because of the huge support it will have from devs, so im asking for honest opinions what do you guys think? Do you think this phone will be able to be broken and S-off will be achieved soon or do you think its going to be a long while before we see full dev support like roms etc. I did get my rezound for a cent and i doubt that i will be able to get the nexus at this price but thats not even a issue, i know there are some major things i dont like about nexus like 5mp camera, the plastic feel to the phone, and no HD screen. I really dont know what to do i know that for a fact if the Rezound was fully rootable right now i wouldnt be seconding guessing myself but from what i have heard and read on different sites it really doesnt sound like much effort is being put into this phone at this second.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Alright, here's what I say. First of all, I think there will pretty much always be a dev community on a phone. It may be pretty small but it's usually going to do something. The reason why you're not seeing anything happening now, is because it's all behind the scenes until they can get s-off.
As to the Nexus camera, see my signature link. From all the reviews, the Nexus camera seems to be the best, with the Rezound running second. The reviews of the design say that it is actually unlike other Samsung phones and actually has a solid build quality. (Don't forget, this phone was designed with the Google Android team.) The screen is incredible on the Nexus and in reviews it actually rivals the iPhone's which is the best on the market. In addition to those things, the Nexus will have no buttons and will have ICS (who knows how long till the Rezound gets it.) And NFC. I think you should go with the Nexus even if it was for the Dev base alone. dancedroid Then again... I may be biased! xD :icon_ lala:

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'll just be returning this thing and waiting until the spring when quad core phones with better battery life are released.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Quad core and better battery life are two things that you aren't going to see paired together.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Quad core and better battery life are two things that you aren't going to see paired together.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

I love how everyone starts off with. I like/love this phone .... but I'm getting rid of it when the next latest/greatest whatever comes out. I love this phone and I'm not trading it for anything for at least another year(my phone cycle is roughly a year). Try to be happy with what you got, because otherwise you're just chasing the latest and greatest and will never find any real satisfaction. And when someone figures out how to permanently root this phone it will be great, and until then my temp root-debloated phone will zip right along like I want it to.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I think people are leaving the rezound because it's not the popular choice. Period. You really think that this phone wont get the root capability anytime in the next coming months? I'm optimistic about it. But, hey thats me. I ain't swappin phones. Only thing I'll be swapping is batteries. it's worth it. i some how have a feeling that most people who leave the phone will be back one way or another. lol.

L

leroybrute

Alright, here's what I say. First of all, I think there will pretty much always be a dev community on a phone. It may be pretty small but it's usually going to do something. The reason why you're not seeing anything happening now, is because it's all behind the scenes until they can get s-off.
As to the Nexus camera, see my signature link. From all the reviews, the Nexus camera seems to be the best, with the Rezound running second. The reviews of the design say that it is actually unlike other Samsung phones and actually has a solid build quality. (Don't forget, this phone was designed with the Google Android team.) The screen is incredible on the Nexus and in reviews it actually rivals the iPhone's which is the best on the market. In addition to those things, the Nexus will have no buttons and will have ICS (who knows how long till the Rezound gets it.) And NFC. I think you should go with the Nexus even if it was for the Dev base alone. dancedroid Then again... I may be biased! xD :icon_ lala:

Yea I believe you are very biased and have blinders on. And since you are biased, you shouldn't talk about a camera that doesn't compare to the rezounds camera. You need to look at some more of the more unbiased reviews of the GNex. Because most of the reviews I have seen don't seem to be so keen on the camera.
P.S. I would hope the GNex would get a lot of dev support because it will need it!

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Yea I believe you are very biased and have blinders on. And since you are biased, you shouldn't talk about a camera that doesn't compare to the rezounds camera. You need to look at some more of the more unbiased reviews of the GNex. Because most of the reviews I have seen don't seem to be so keen on the camera.
P.S. I would hope the GNex would get a lot of dev support because it will need it!

Haha well said. Getting tired of the gnex fanbois and bionic rzr rezound nay sayers. Gets tiresome ..gnex isnt even out. Why? It has problems... vzws lte network has problems which the bionics software gets fingered as the problem all too often when its the network... and thy dont want that to happen with the gnex. So they push it out further and further... wake up people..its a phone. And it isnt going to be amazing. It has ics and bl unlocked. If it didnt have those two things.. no one would give two craps abt the 5mp.. no sdcard slot having.. same hardware as rzr and bionic running, plasticy nexus. (And yes 4430 and 4460 are the EXACT SAME PROCESSORS.).. heres the great nex vs my bionic @ 1.2ghz. Same crap different phone. Ill be holding on to my bionic.. i suggest rezound(OP INCLUDED) and rzr owners do the same. Quadcores on the horizon n all. Cheers SRY if i went a tad off topic. Keep ur rezound bro. Grass is always greener

CAP201112011133.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Fastbird

Reaction score
Mr. Smith hit the nail on the head. Truer words were never spoken.

Posting from my Rezound....enjoying the beats.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Gotta live the hype man. It's one thing if people can actually experience the phone and then rant and rave about it. But for the phone to not even be out yet....c'mon. I do give a nod to the nexus dev team. Because other phones got released with issues and also needed to be pushed back. They might be doing the right thing and the phone COULD be nice. I hope for the g-nex followers that it is worth the wait.

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score
Alright so now I'm leaning more towards keeping my Rezound, like i said this phone is amazing and only thing it lacks is S-off. I'm going to have faith that by the end of January hopefully someone has cracked this thing, plus i got this phone for a cent and it's to close to Christmas to be forking up $200 for a phone (at least that's what I'm thinking Amazon will have it going for).

HTC Rezound

L

leroybrute

You wont regret it. How do you regret a top end phone for a penny!? :icon_ lala:

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I used my D1 for two years never having rooted it or doing even a hard reset. So I am just used to stock stuff. The cleantool linked to from this forum worked to freeze much of the bloat and it has disappeared from the app drawer. It may still be in memory, but honestly I don't think a few mb matters all that much when I have like 30gigs available for storage.