need some help...

Russ2387

Reaction score
hi all

i have a rooted droid 1. i have changed roms about 25-30 times with no problems. a few weeks back, using rom manager i installed the stock 2.2 rooted rom {well im pretty sure it was with root}. i still have the super user icon in my apps drawer. BUT... when i try to install a rom, rom manager says "an error occurred while trying to run a priviliged command" it says this when i try to run anything in RM. titanium backup says it could not obtain root privilges. i cant install busybox. when i try to rebbot holding thr x button i get the triangle with a ! in it.. {no menu} did i lose root??? i have the super user icon...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You lost root.

Reroot using the link in my signature.

-Droid Does

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
ok bought and ran easyroot. it says i am rooted. it gives me an option to UNroot. try to boot with x button. i still get the triangle with the !. should i unroot then root?

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
ummm is boot into recovery the same as booting up using the x button? i tried booting into recovery using rm. wont let me..

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try going into RM and flashing alternate recovery. flash to SPR, and then flash back to CWM. then try to boot into recovery and see what happens...

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
try going into RM and flashing alternate recovery. flash to SPR, and then flash back to CWM. then try to boot into recovery and see what happens...

tried that right away, but rm refuses to let me do anything but download a rom

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem last week - it took me about 4 reboots to get it working, but it came back. i don't know if this helped me or not, but i kept alternately checking and unchecking "advanced mode" with reboots.

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
i have rebooted about 30 times trying various things and am out of ideas

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
tried using easyroot to UNroot. but it says "failed to unroot"

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
will RM let you restore a backup of another rom?? maybe you can boot into recovery from there...