Little Problem

tjs

Reaction score
Motodroid FRG01B, rooted, Rom Manager

I was running bb.04 and tried another Rom , didn't like it and went back to FRG01B using ROM manager.
Now when I go to restore bb.04 from "Manage and restore Backups" it will not go into recovery. It goes right to the triangle and !. I have to push vol up and camera and it reboots.
Should I erase all backups, flash clockworkMod recovery, backup FRG01B and install bb.04 again?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motodroid FRG01B, rooted, Rom Manager

I was running bb.04 and tried another Rom , didn't like it and went back to FRG01B using ROM manager.
Now when I go to restore bb.04 from "Manage and restore Backups" it will not go into recovery. It goes right to the triangle and !. I have to push vol up and camera and it reboots.
Should I erase all backups, flash clockworkMod recovery, backup FRG01B and install bb.04 again?

Are you sure you're still rooted? That sounds like it's not booting into recovery. Do you still have SU permissions?

If you do have SU permissions then reinstall ROM manager and see if that doesn't help.

OP
T

tjs

Reaction score
clockwork

Thanks for the comeback.
I still have su permission.
I'll try re-installing ROM Manager.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
ROM Manager has been driving me batty lately!! Here's what works for me:
I flash an alternate recovery and then flash clockwork again. After that I scroll down to "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" and hit OK. I do this until the pop-up that says "Successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery!" pops up very quickly. If it takes more than ten seconds for that pop-up to show, I do the whole process over again. PITA I know!

OP
T

tjs

Reaction score
Went into recovery and it is a PITA.
Hope it doesn't keep up like this.
I like to play with this phone.
Thanks to All

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Awesome! Glad it worked for you. Given that it is such a PITA, I have reacquainted myself with SPRecovery to make backups there as well, just in case RM pisses me off again :) I've been using RM for a while now and forgot how much faster SPR is!!

OP
T

tjs

Reaction score
You have both on your phone?
Can you send any info on how to do it also?
ROM Manager was convenient but if its going to give grief I want an alternative.
I screw up enough by myself and I don't need any extra help from a program that is supposed to help me.
Thanks again to All

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
It should be an option in RM - scroll down to the bottom you'll see "Flash Alternate Recovery". Under that mine says SPRecovery 0.99.3b ... When you select that every time you boot into recovery you'll be in SPR.
When I first rooted, 2.1, I used the guide on Droid-Life.com and the first thing they had you do was flash SPR on the phone using RSD lite. So, I am not sure if that's why this option is available to me in RM or if that's a standard RM feature.

OP
T

tjs

Reaction score
Thanks.
Here's another one.
I've had 2.2 for a few weeks now and I just recieved the OTA message to update. As of now I am going to ignore it. I don't want to lose root or anything else. I thought the OTA would bypass me.