need help with regaining root after ota update?

wildride89

Reaction score
first off, any help is appreciated. so, like many of us i was rooted earlier today. I looked at my phone earlier in the day and the update was coming to my phone. i decided to go ahead and install it, and i figured that i would lose root and i did. I have tried pete's motorola tools twice and it claims to have successfully rooted my phone, but the phone remains unrooted. Does anyone have any ideas why the tools would say that things are ok, but in fact the phone isnt. Yes, i have usb debugging enabled.

mbaker

Reaction score
I unrooted before applying the update them rooted again after, and it worked fine. Did the tool go through the whole 3-step, 3-reboot process?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mrcastillo

Reaction score
pull the battery out then see if it does the trick if not try again. if not download pete's toolbox again

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
Yes it went through the 3 step and im going to try and pull the battery now before work. I had to download petes tools again because it said the first time I tried to run it that it was missing the adb exe file. I thought that was odd because it did root my phone the other day.

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the battery and tried the root process again. It still says on the tools that it went through but when I try any root reqd app they say that no root is established. Im thinking the ota patched the exploit. Any other ideas?

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
I've been playing a little bit on my phone since I got home from work. I uninstalled the updated superuser apk and when I did that I noticed that the old apk was still on the phone. I checked the phone and did petes tools again and I got root back. Im assuming my phones problem was with the new apk. I don't know anyhow its back thanks for any help

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums