Need help with how to use Safestrap recovery app

ansel

Reaction score
The droip is running 2.11 and 4.
I used Droid Razr utility 1.82 and it worked great!. Loaded voodoo and safestrap per the cool utility with bat file. Man you make it easy. Checkeck that I was rooted (went to terminal and got the SU prompt). Installed Safestrap rebooted into safestrap and crated a safe image (copy) my Razr (I think you call it a nandroid copy). Now comes the problem. When I enable safe mode and try to boot into the safe mode partition just copied, it boot loops. When I change safestrap to boot into the original Droid it works fine.

So it looks to me like I'm not using safestrap correctly but I can't find a manual of it anywher. Are there instructions for this safestrap. Can't wait to strat messing with the android but until I have a good back up .

Can someone please give me a hand on how to use this app to make a back up an get the safe zone working?

Thanks for the help!!!
Ansel

OP
ansel

ansel

Reaction score
I really need help with this, it's not my phone . . . Please!

OP
ansel

ansel

Reaction score
you can close this too.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I may not know the full use of safestrap. But the way I use it is safe side for ROMs and non safe for stock. If there isn't a rom installed on the safe side it will boot loop. I don't know if you can install your nandroid backup in safe side. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this

Casen

Reaction score
I may not know the full use of safestrap. But the way I use it is safe side for ROMs and non safe for stock. If there isn't a rom installed on the safe side it will boot loop. I don't know if you can install your nandroid backup in safe side. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this

This.

Something needs to be installed. You were just trying to boot an empty disk.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OP
ansel

ansel

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. So you can't reload a back up from the unsafe zone to the safe zone. Got it. I would of thought that was a handy thing to be able to do.

Can anyone tell me how to delete the USBdisk_x files that recory creates? I know, I'm root and should be able to delete anything. But the facts are I can't install a a terminal program or anything else to see file attributes and I'm hoping there's an easy way to delete these files. I have a galaxy skyroket and I love it. The Droid Razr is not my phone and I don't have one to play with, that's why I ask the stupid questions. thanks!