Need help with contacts

mslinda70

Reaction score
all of my fb contacts is in my contacts which is fine, but when i do a search i only want to search my personal contacts and not have to scroll through the fb contacts how can i do this.

Lurpa

Reaction score
I too need this answered. Its driving me nuts!!!

wprocter

Reaction score
From the Contacts main screen...

Menu... Display Groups...Google

This keeps the FB pics, but only displays your 'immediate' contacts.
Your Google contact name must exactly match your contact's FB name...

you may have to link the two instances ... link the FB contact to the Google contact (select Google contact, menu, link, select corresponding FB contact)... not the other way around or else your Google contact will disappear when you choose the Google display group

***note... I think Google dropped the ball on this one... the contacts/FB iteration on the D1 allowed you to sync only the FB friends already in your Google contacts. there may be a way to do this with the DX, but here's one vote to bring back the simple (goolge app developer anyone?)

Lurpa

Reaction score
Yes using the display group works fine and dandy if you are using Contacts app. Now if you are using the Dialer, there is no option to filter groups that I see. I really dont want 400+ facebook friends to have to go though just to find contacts I want to use. Anyone know of an app that would replace the dialer and NOT include any facebook friends but will use my google list?

I actually see the difference here tho, in the dialer, whichever fb friends have a number on FB goes into my contacts. Im sorry but I dont want to be able to contact people unless I put them in manually. Very peeved about this and am about to turn in my phone because of this contact issue.

Is deleting my FB account really the only way to solve this? Makes the social part of this phone useless if so.

Simply put. I want my google contacts and google contacts only to be accessable from my phone. Not facebook(I happen to not have any "real" contacts that are on fb)