Need help with blind Clockwork Backup!!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The screen on my Droid X just stopped working. Everything else is functional, including the digitizer. I've got a replacement phone on the way, but I would like to do a clockwork backup so I don't lose all of my info.

Since my phone automatically boots into clockwork by default, all I need is the keystrokes to initiate a full backup. If someone could go through the steps and write down each key-press for me I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The screen on my Droid X just stopped working. Everything else is functional, including the digitizer. I've got a replacement phone on the way, but I would like to do a clockwork backup so I don't lose all of my info.

Since my phone automatically boots into clockwork by default, all I need is the keystrokes to initiate a full backup. If someone could go through the steps and write down each key-press for me I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Adam

With the current CWM (5.0.2.5) on my Droid Bionic:

1. Down button 5 times
2. Enter Twice
3. Wait (backup took 2.5 minutes on my Bionic)
4. Enter button once (reboot)

Good luck.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
With the current CWM (5.0.2.5) on my Droid Bionic:

1. Down button 5 times
2. Enter Twice
3. Wait (backup took 2.5 minutes on my Bionic)
4. Enter button once (reboot)

Good luck.

Perfect! That's exactly what I needed, and it worked. I verified that it by connecting it to my PC and checking for a new file in the Clockwork directory.

Thanks, again!
Adam

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Perfect! That's exactly what I needed, and it worked. I verified that it by connecting it to my PC and checking for a new file in the Clockwork directory.

Thanks, again!
Adam

Glad it worked for you and good luck with the new phone!! Blind CWR backup - not for the weak of heart!!