Can't load a backup with clockwork D1

nathan66669

Reaction score
OK, been searching for a while now and no luck.

Got a new CPO Droid 1 (my old one the volume buttons quit). I (actually my wifes phone) was running SS5.4. Rooted the new phone with the SBF and update.zip. Got SU installed no prob. Installed clockwork, choose to restore the backup, it boots into recovery and just nothing...it just sits on the recovery screen

Manually choose the advanced nandroid restore and get E:No tar archives found

I tried to install rom from SD card and get the same message

I flashed the alternative recovery SirPsychoS 0.99.3b and get all the same messages.

It actually let me do another backup in the recovery screen, and now when I choose to restore, that backup appears in the list and none of the others. I've done at least 40 backups on her phone over the past 2 years, as well as on my phone, and never seen this problem. It's almost like the SD card doesn't have data, but it will allow me to update.zip as much as I want, so I know the files are there and good.

I can also see all the backups from rom manager screen. So if I can't load the backup or choose a new rom, what can I do?

I flased back to CWR flash, I have wiped factory data/cache, reinstalled CWR...I'm at a brick wall on my next step. Is there some new software on the phone stopping recovery from working?

android 2.2.2
same baseband as my d1 (C_01.43.01P
kernel is 2.6.32.9 (same as Chevys)

I did this same procedure just 3 weeks ago on my phone (power button quit)

OP
N

nathan66669

Reaction score
update

Still not sure why it's not working, but the new backup I did stored itself in root/nandroid where my backups are all stored under root/clockwork/backup.

I still have no idea why this is the only folder I can access for my backups. I moved my old backup to this folder and it seems to be restoring. Did CWR change something? If I figure it out, I'll post here.

OP
N

nathan66669

Reaction score
apparantly I have never before used SPRecovery before except to load my update.zip to get SU.

Also, looks like CWM never flashed the CW recovery, even though it said it had. I feel silly posting all this now. I am still confused, because I cannot get CWR to flash at all from rom manger. sorry to waste anyones time