Noob tried to root, bricked my droid2, please help

bigrb9

Reaction score
hey guys, I was bored at work today, and decided to finally root my D2. I followed the intsructions on here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...asy-guide-rooting-backup-rom-flashing-d2.html (z4, titanium backup, etc) but apparently botched the install of liberty. I now I get stuck at the yellow fist and can't do anything else. I am not sure what OS version I was on, I know my phone was up to date with OTA verizon downloads though. Iam guessing there was a conflict with my OS version and liberty. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who may be able to help get my phone working again.
I searched and see that i need to "SBF" my phone, but not sure what that entails? I have downloaded the following zip files to my laptop since it looks like I need them:
rsdlite_4.8zip
USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip
VRZ_A955_2.3.20.zip

I gotten to the droid stock recovery, but can't get it to install anything from my SD card- tried to load the sbf file by using "apply sdcard:update.zip" and i get an error msg- E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command then it says E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) E:signature verification failed.installation aborted . I got into clockwork recovery one time, found that verizon file about, and tried to install that, but the phone just froze up, and nothing was installed...

starting to freak out a little bit here :( did i kill my droid? I thought I was pretty good at this stuff, but apparently not...if anybody could give some baby steps to possibly get this rolling again, i would be eternally grateful

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to use a Windows computer, RSD Lite, the sbf file, and the drivers.

Extract the VZ sbf file using WINRAR. Put your phone into bootloader mode, plug it into the computer and use RSD to flash the sbf file. After it gets done, go into recovery and wipe data. Then reboot

Apex 2.0 Revolution