Need help rooting and downgrading HTC Incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumnslnn

Reaction score
I have the original HTC Droid Incredible and I'm trying to root it. I've taken the easy and effective way out by using revoke and I have already made sure I installed the Android driver, and that I no longer have HTC Sync downloaded. I get to the very end of the rooting, and it says it cannot finish because my firmware is too new. I'm not sure how to downgrade it easily without too much hassle. I have to downgrade it to Android v2.1
Can anybody help?
The model number is A100001784D823
and the firmware version is 2.3.4

Thanks ahead of time.

OP
A

autumnslnn

Reaction score
I have the original HTC Droid Incredible and I'm trying to root it. I've taken the easy and effective way out by using revoke and I have already made sure I installed the Android driver, and that I no longer have HTC Sync downloaded. I get to the very end of the rooting, and it says it cannot finish because my firmware is too new. I'm not sure how to downgrade it easily without too much hassle. I have to downgrade it to Android v2.1
Can anybody help?
The model number is A100001784D823
and the firmware version is 2.3.4

Thanks ahead of time.

WillisD

Reaction score
Go to the stickies tab to the thread on how to correctly unroot and there is a pb31img for a stock 2.2 system, flash it in hboot, it'll allow u to root and get s-off

Status
Not open for further replies.