[VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaubeau

Reaction score
Also what rom are you on?? I think I remember there was a nightly that wouldn't mount the SD card correctly. I could be wrong on that though.

I have the stock rom, rooted with unrevoked3. That what you mean?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also what rom are you on?? I think I remember there was a nightly that wouldn't mount the SD card correctly. I could be wrong on that though.

Ya. Its is not a rom issue then. Did you pull out the SD card without unmounting from the phone ever? And did you try the other PB31 link I gave ya?

beaubeau

Reaction score

Ya. Its is not a rom issue then. Did you pull out the SD card without unmounting from the phone ever? And did you try the other PB31 link I gave ya?

Will try the other file when I get home. Negative on the pulling. The card seems ok otherwise...... for instance, I can do format from the phone's setting menu, it just ends up FAT16: )

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think its the file you downloaded. Let me know if the newer one doesn't work and I'll try to find another one.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also I ran into a issue where the .zip originally DL'D had a read me in it. Thus it meant the changing the original file to PB31IMG.zip would not work as there were other files in it. Make sure You only have a correct img

beaubeau

Reaction score
I may have gotten it! I booted up an old XP machine and did the format there. Then I attached the phone to my mac and moved the PB31IMG.zip to the phone.
All good now!
Thanks for getting me through that!
Now if that OTA Froyo would just get here......

joezek

Reaction score
I'm having Error 170 USB connection while performing the RUU. It started off fine, said it was replacing version 1.36.605 with version 3.21 etc. Then it said installing bootloader, then as soon as it was successful with the bootloader, now it will not connect to the phone during the RUU.

Tried on another computer, and same thing, everything was fine until finished installing "Bootloader" in windows.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
That's why I'm waiting for the OTA. I'm scared. And I don't want to wipe my phone AGAIN haha

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
actually... the last step did not work on mine.. my brothers Dinc has a different "software number" ... i knew mine wasnt up to date cuz my gmail-settings-notifs screen is different... im behind in updates.. and im not getting prompted to the right version of 2.1-update1

c_law23

Reaction score
I am trying to unroot my incredible using the second video on post #1. It says to place those two files in the "sdk tools" folder on the c: drive. I am on a mac and do not know where to place these files. I was under the impression since i was on a mac I just had to place the pb31img.zip file on my fat32 formatted sd card and it would run it after powering up with the power button and vol. down. It says its running correctly but it isnt returning my phone to stock.

vmontes

Reaction score
Can anybody help with with some step by step instructions in order to unroot my phone on a mac i want the 2.2 update

tw15egan

Reaction score
is the only way to get free wifi tethering to downgrade to before the OTA and root? I have received and updated OTA on my Dinc, but I want the free wifi!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.