Reaction score
I'm completely new to rooting/roms/etc

Rooted using the Revolutionary Method

Flashed liquid gingersense v1.6

flashed this kernel: jdlfg Kernels because a friend recommended it to me

the 300-1800 one

I made sure to back up with clockwork

now when I try to boot it just keeps flashing the liquid screen and won't boot

I try to boot into hboot and cant do anything, hboot checks everything and comes up with this:

parsing...[SD ZIP]
[1] MDM9K
[2] RADIO_V2
Do you want to start update?
<VOL UP> Yes
<VOL DOWN> No

When I press up it does this:

update is in progress...

and it updates than goes to this:

Update Complete...
Press <POWER> to reboot

if I hit DOWN instead of UP I get this:

Cancel update!
Press <POWER> to reboot.

I cant do anything else, someone know how to fix this?

EDIT!:

Fixed by booting into Hboot after removing SDcard, with phone on charger re-insert SDcard once Hboot is up. Went into recovery fine afterwards. Scary stuff but I'm glad it worked. Feel free to delete or keep it up to inform anyone else with said issue.

Last edited:

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
im having the same issue when tried installing a new font on a dasbamf rom. when installing the font it rebooted and got stuck on the splash screen. i did a battery pull and same thing again. so i battery pulled again and booted into hboot but since i have a custom splash screen it would ask if i wanted to update press "up" or "down" and either one i did it would reboot and get stuck on splash screen again. I'm gonna try this out and see how it works thanks.

*update* that didnt seem to work. phone still gets stuck on splash screen and i need to access my sd card to reflash the rom. Seems tryin to download a new font from the "dasbamf toolbox" messed up the rom some how and or something which is causing the splash screen freeze.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure to remove any PG05IMG.zip from the root of your sd card so you don't keep installing the same update over and over.

sent from my bolt