Need help restoring some files please

Hermes

Reaction score
Hi,

I uninstalled four files/apps through Titanium Backup Pro and I can't seem to restore them again. They are News and Weather 1.2.02, News 2.2, Social Messaging 2.2 and Weather 2.2. I did back them up through titanium but when I try to restore them they don't come back. Any ideas?

Thanks

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
OK do you have Root Manager? If not get it, you won't be sorry. If so Google search for a 2.2 system dump, extract the files you need from it and then:

Place the apk(s) of the apps on your sdcard.

Use Root Explorer to copy the apk(s) to /system/app (this will require making /system/app writable. In Root Manager just press the R/W key in the top right of the app when you're exploring /system/app).

Click on the apk once it's in /system/app and install it.

Now, you've installed the program, but the system won't see it as a system app unless you change it's permissions. In Root Manager, long press on the app (in /system/app) and click on "permissions". Then make sure that only the following boxes are clicked: User Read, User Write, Group Read, Others Read.

Make sure you make /system/app read only again by clicking that box in the top right while you're exploring the folder.

Reboot phone.

Now the apps should be loaded and the system should recognize them as system apps (you can verify by opening Titanium and noticing they're in red).

This ought to fix you up.

briansnfs1

Reaction score
Dlna won't install on x2

I have copied the files to system app, and made changes for rw-r-r on the following files: Dlna.apk , dlna.odex ,dlnasystemservice.apk, dlnasystemservice.odex. I have x2 with moto one click root. Using root explorer. Would like to use this program for my smart tv. When rooted months back i deleted files like a noob!

Will try any advise not including system restore. Or any program to replicate dlna and be excepted by smart tv. Thanks guys!!!