Need help restoring semi-bricked Fascinate using a mac

deemt

Reaction score
Alright here's what happened. Rooted my fascinate with my mac using Cory's method and it worked fine and has been great for a couple months. I had launcher pro on it and its been telling me to update it for a couple days, i just ignored it.

Now tonight, launcher pro expired and the only thing my phone would do is ask to open launcher pro's webpage with dolphin or the browser, and the web page was forbidden and wouldnt load.

So the search key still worked, i searched titanium and froze launcher pro. Screen went black and I cant get the phone to do anything. I tried removing the battery and holding power and volume down, that wouldnt work. The boot animations display but then it goes black after they're done. It keeps making the text message sound, too. I can power it off normally. The screen comes up to put it in silent, airplane mode or power down.

From reading around, I'm guessing I have to flash back to stock but the only methods I can find are on windows. Does anyone know of a way to do this for Mac? Or maybe there's something else I could do? Or should I just bring it back to Verizon?

Thanks.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would see if I could ask a friend if I could use his computer. I don't know anyway to SBF a Droid on the Mac, I doubt there is anyway for the Fascinate. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

OP
D

deemt

Reaction score
Yeah definitely wasn't the preferred response. haha. Thanks for the reply though, I will use a friend's computer and hopefully get this thing back to normal. Any particular method you'd recommend? I found thing's like odin, just trying to find the easiest cause I really need the phone for work tomorrow.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I have no real help either. Except that a .sbf file will ONLY work on a Motorola phone. And you had better know that it is for your phone model.

And in the future (mainly for the readers) if you have a problem with your 'home' app, make SURE you have another one installed BEFORE you remove the one giving you problems.

OP
D

deemt

Reaction score
Teddy - my friend google already gave me that link but that is for the epic and not the fascinate.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I'm sorry. The file you needed is called "Odin3_v1.3" correct? I am sorry to not have changed the folder name from which I created the .zip file I posted. If you would go ahead and download it, you will find the EXACT file you requested. Now I am not sure, but if Odin is to a Samsung phone what RSD Lite is to a Motorola phone then you should be good.

good luck