Droid DNA Semi Bricked - NEED HELP

runester99

Reaction score
So I've had my DNA for a good 2 years, but my upgrade isn't for another couple months. It is semi bricked, as I call it atleast, its stuck in a power cycle, it will just turn off then goto the HTC boot screen, and restart again, I can not get into the bootloader, because as soon as I do, it restarts again. It is NOT rooted, nothing has been messed with since I got it.

Is there any way to hard reset it without getting into the boot loader? Any way to do it from the computer?

I also do not have SDK setup, for some reason, my computer doesn't want to do it. I also took it to Verizon, they said they can't do anything about it.

markdoc

Reaction score
My suggestion is radical, but since your phone is unusable and I guess there is no warranty, you don't have many options.
I would try to really pull the battery to reset the phone. Since you cannot access the battery normally, it would mean opening up your phone. I haven't needed to open mine, but I have opened a Palm T/X to replace it's digitizer. It's easier than you think and the instructions are on You Tube. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver and a plastic case opener(so you don't scratch the case) You can get both on Amazon for under $5.00.
Good Luck