Battery Dying Quickly - Need Help, Please.

bhax15

Reaction score
Okay, I have the first Droid. From November till August I was getting about 24 hours of battery use (perfect). Recently my phone has been dying very rapidly. It started it's decline to about 12 hours of battery use then dying, now it seems I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of the thing.

I've searched and searched and searched looking for answers, tips, suggestions. I've tried just about everything and nothing has worked.

Here's some tidbits about my phone:

- Using Froyo 2.2.
- Use Launcher Pro (3 home screens)
On Home Screens I use:
Beautiful Widgets, Facebook Widget, Music Widget, Pandora Widget, Google Search Widget.

I do not have an extreme amount of applications... some of the apps I have include:
ScoreCenter, Fantasy Guru, TIKL, Go! Chat, Zedge, MP3 Music Downloader, IMDB, Wikipedia.

I don't do much on the phone other then text and browse the web occasionally. I rarely talk on the phone.
I'm truly stumped... I've done all the things like turn off Wifi, Turn off GPS. I've read all the "Save Battery Life Tips" Articles and just about tried everything they've had to offer.
I recently downloaded HomeSwitcher and took all the widgets and icons off the standard Launcher program due to the fact that I use Launcher Pro.

Battery readings right now: 8h, 38m, 12s since unplugged.
Display 44%
Android System 10%
Phone idle 10%
Cell Standby 9%
Android OS 5%
Browser 3%
Launcher Pro 3%
Wi-Fi 3%
Voice Calls 3%
Handcent SMS 2%
ScoreCenter 2%

Battery Level 30% - On pace to die right about the normal 12 hours now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once again, I've really tried a lot of the suggestions I've read on the internet. None of the "easy" solutions have had any effect.

droider4life

Reaction score
I found "Tikl" to be a huge battery hog. I deleted it just for that reason. You should also try downloading spare parts from the market. that is how i found out "Tikl" was the reason for killing my battery..

Also Welcome to the forum!! :)

EDIT: when you download "spare parts" open it up and hit battery history. It should show running and screen on followed by percentages. You can also click on other usage>partial wake usage> anything that is showing alot in here is dragging the battery down...

make sure you dont have any task killers running either..

Last edited:
OP
B

bhax15

Reaction score
I just experienced a 9h, 10m death. And on the charger we go! :):):):):)
I probably sent around 50 text messages today, spent maybe 5 minutes surfing the web, spent maybe 5 minutes surfing the market, made/received zero phone calls, spent about 5 minutes checking sports scores.

Just purely ridiculous. If anything, I probably toy with my phone less now than I did when I was getting 24 hr battery life. There's no *expletive* justification for this nonsense.

Droider4life,
Thanks for the welcome, thanks for responding. TiKL is now deleted. I even tried Spare Parts before but I'll try looking at it again and no task killers for me (that's always a good debate). I hope that TiKL is that fat of a hog!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about the battery. The stores can test the battery for you and determine if maybe a 30 dollar replacement will solve your woes. If nothing else has really changed much that might be your best bet. It costs nothing to find out.

Sounds like you've had the phone long enough to do all the normal stuff like leave GPS off when not using it. It sounds like your phone isn't rooted, but if it is there are things you can do there too.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about the battery. The stores can test the battery for you and determine if maybe a 30 dollar replacement will solve your woes. If nothing else has really changed much that might be your best bet. It costs nothing to find out.

Sounds like you've had the phone long enough to do all the normal stuff like leave GPS off when not using it. It sounds like your phone isn't rooted, but if it is there are things you can do there too.

Excuse me sir, but you can get a replacement battery from Amazon.com for 8.00. Not 30.00. A wall charger from ebay is 5.00.

droider4life

Reaction score
Droider4life,
Thanks for the welcome, thanks for responding. TiKL is now deleted. I even tried Spare Parts before but I'll try looking at it again and no task killers for me (that's always a good debate). I hope that TiKL is that fat of a hog!
Your welcome!! Let us know if that solves your battery issues or if you do end up getting a new one instead!! Good Luck!!