SBF file caused infinite loop, read everywhere, need help

66racer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I need some help and am getting frustrated. I was rooted with the windows GUI method.

Problem started when I tried uploading the leaked 2.2 froyo (launcher pro mess it up?). The install finished but wouldnt reboot, stuck on "M" after reseting in revovery mode and cycling it finally started and was on 2.2 but was running funny. So i powered down, and turned on, then got stuck again on the M. Messed with it and got it started. Due to the glitchy feel I decided to try the SBF method and go back to 2.1.

I did all the steps perfectly and when it finished RSD lite 4.7 says to "please manually power up this phone" while the red eye keeps reloading. The phone is unresponive and wont do anything. Performed SBF load 3 times with no change. Tried reloading 2.2 in this condition hoping it would patch the errors but no luck. Same thing.

Please Help. What went wrong? IS there another method I can try? Im exhausted reading a ton of forum posts with no solid answers

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
One thing you can try, got this tip from Motocache1, at one point in the flashing of the .sbf your phoe reboots, when this happens you need to make sure you are right there and do what you need to do to get into the bootloader. I have been told this will make rsd flash correctly almost 100% of the time.

OP

66racer

Reaction score
Thanks guys. What worked was to get it in recovery menu. Cleared cache and reset phone. Then rebooted. All this after sbf. Started up fine. Was worried tho because on 2.2 when i did this, froyo loaded but i shut the phone off and it didnt wanna boot unless i reset the phone again. But now she powers down and starts up fine. Thanks

Justaford
i wish i coulda tried that. PS i get my screen name for my 66 mustang :) its a hot rod influenced one

Last edited:

NykoNako

Reaction score
Yea, i had to go into recovery and wipe and that fixed my issue too.

Oh... i see what you are saying... force it back into bootloader after it reboots, that makes sense now, was wondering why it never said complete, success, etc

Thanks again for the info, I was down for like 8 hours till I was able to fix it, I thought I lost my phone honestly.

dmeg

Reaction score
Thanks that worked but now it doesn't let me get past the programming or activate the phone.

Any way around that?

NykoNako

Reaction score
I'm guessing you'll want to activate so you can use your phone... Try activating somewhere where you have cell bars.

If that don't work, make sure you're using the correct sbf? Did you perform a wipe data from recovery because of a boot loop?

if you did everything correctly, and have decent cell reception and still can't activate, I'm not sure, you might want to ask around some more. I know verizon can run you through a manual programming and activation over the phone by typing in some codes on your dialer. If all else, just tell them you were having issues, reset your phone and now it won't activate?

I'm not pro at any of this, this is the first time I've had an issue between my droid n droid x. Hope this helps...

rolandct

Reaction score
Thanks guys. What worked was to get it in recovery menu. Cleared cache and reset phone. Then rebooted. All this after sbf. Started up fine. Was worried tho because on 2.2 when i did this, froyo loaded but i shut the phone off and it didnt wanna boot unless i reset the phone again. But now she powers down and starts up fine. Thanks

Justaford
i wish i coulda tried that. PS i get my screen name for my 66 mustang :) its a hot rod influenced one

Thanks to this post (and google) I saved myself a lot of time/worry. :icon_ banana:

shamus

Reaction score
Also wanted to say thanks for this thread.
I was a little worried there with the same problem you had.
Phew!!