Need Help Please!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think what you need to do is download dmupdater and flash sprecovery. The preinstall-BDS format is from sprecovery and won't work in clockwork. If you don't have it dmupdater can be found at droidmod.org
Thanks for this j...I totally read right over BDS...:blink:

It was the preinstall name that caught my eye really. Dmupdater names its initial backup that. So double checked my clockwork folder to be sure and yep. They have a different naming system. Looks like clockwork pretty much goes by date as a default name. Sprecovery will be whatever you name it BDS-(date/time)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just checked and I am on Version 2.0.1 of DroidMod v1. When I run Rom Manager, I get a force close. I want the CyanogenMOD. How can I go from DroidMod to CyanogenMOD. Like I said I try and run ROM Manager and get a force close.

I think what you need to do is download dmupdater and flash sprecovery. The preinstall-BDS format is from sprecovery and won't work in clockwork. If you don't have it dmupdater can be found at droidmod.org

Does it just FC or do you have an option to wait?

OP
artjr

artjr

Reaction score
No, It just does a FC. No option to wait.

I just checked and I am on Version 2.0.1 of DroidMod v1. When I run Rom Manager, I get a force close. I want the CyanogenMOD. How can I go from DroidMod to CyanogenMOD. Like I said I try and run ROM Manager and get a force close.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Try rebooting and see if that helps

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I did a uninstall and reinstalled it. Seems to work now. Doing a flash clockworkmod now.

Try rebooting and see if that helps

Good deal. Quick note, when you go to cyanogen you will need to wipe data and cache. So backup anything you want to keep with titanium backup or mybackup pro. Unless its just app then you can use astro.

jairomeo

Reaction score
Just FYI, both BUUF and Flavored Ice on ROM Manager were "ported" and posted by someone that is nothing more than a file pusher who didn't even do the port right, which is why they didn't work, and when they do, they are missing stuff. I do the real version on Flavored Ice for the Droid on CM's forum.