Need Help Please!!!

artjr

Reaction score
Hello,
I just downloaded the new BUUF theme. After it loaded up, I lost my google market icon. So now I can not download anything from the market. Whatever I did now, I can not even sign into my Google account. The phone runs ok, I just can not get into google market to download the Rom Manager. I want to un-root my phone to start over, but how can I download ROM Mananger without logging into the market? What I want to do is remove that Buuf theme. Its causing me many problems. But I can not get my phone un-rooted. I really need someones help with this please. There must be something I am doing wrong. Right now I am on the CyanogenMod version 5.0.5. I think if I can some how download ROM Manager from somewhere, I can flash into stock ROM so I can re-root my phone.

Thank You

RoLa

Reaction score
Power the droid off and boot into clockwork and perform restore of the latest backup you made...I just tried the flavored ice theme and it did the EXACT same thing!!

shmoo

Reaction score
Reboot into recovery (power+x) and then load up your nandroid backup. That should take care of your problem.

OP
artjr

artjr

Reaction score
When I go into my nandroid directory, there are over 15 files in there. Which one is the one I want? They are listed as "preinstall-BDS-xxxx" xxx being a bunch of numbers after the BDS.

Reboot into recovery (power+x) and then load up your nandroid backup. That should take care of your problem.

RoLa

Reaction score
Any of those will get you to working order..I believe the bottom is always the last...if that one doesn't work try another one...You might try cleaning out your folder and naming them from Rom manager...keeps it easy to revert back..

OP
artjr

artjr

Reaction score
When I click on the bottom one, or any of them for that matter, its telling me "no files found". I don't know what to do now...

Any of those will get you to working order..I believe the bottom is always the last...if that one doesn't work try another one...You might try cleaning out your folder and naming them from Rom manager...keeps it easy to revert back..

RoLa

Reaction score
Do you have any of your ROM backups on your computer? OR.. Do you have ADB installed?

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think what you need to do is download dmupdater and flash sprecovery. The preinstall-BDS format is from sprecovery and won't work in clockwork. If you don't have it dmupdater can be found at droidmod.org

OP
artjr

artjr

Reaction score
I got it to work now! I was in the wrong nandroid directory. I guess I was in the SD card nandroid instead of the first nandroid when the phone goes into recovery mode. Kind of hard to explain. But THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your help!!! I got my market back. I just have to DL my ROM Manager now and load my ROM. One more question, which ROM do you think is the better ROM? For me its either CyanogenMod or UltimateDroid? Which would you prefer? Again thank you VERY VERY much for your help and speedy help!!

Art

Do you have any of your ROM backups on your computer? OR.. Do you have ADB installed?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Glad you got it running. As for prefered ROMs you'll get a lot from either. Try em both and decide I say.

RoLa

Reaction score
I got it to work now! I was in the wrong nandroid directory. I guess I was in the SD card nandroid instead of the first nandroid when the phone goes into recovery mode. Kind of hard to explain. But THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your help!!! I got my market back. I just have to DL my ROM Manager now and load my ROM. One more question, which ROM do you think is the better ROM? For me its either CyanogenMod or UltimateDroid? Which would you prefer? Again thank you VERY VERY much for your help and speedy help!!

Art

Personal preference..really...I run CM only because it effin ROCKS and I had so many issues with Clockwork when it first released for the droid...I REFUSE to turn away:)

OP
artjr

artjr

Reaction score
Thank You. Now I restored from a old backup. Seems I have DM Updater. Can I just D/L ROM Manager and load the ROM of my choice? Do I have to some how delete DM Updater before I load ROM Manager?

Glad you got it running. As for prefered ROMs you'll get a lot from either. Try em both and decide I say.

RoLa

Reaction score
I think what you need to do is download dmupdater and flash sprecovery. The preinstall-BDS format is from sprecovery and won't work in clockwork. If you don't have it dmupdater can be found at droidmod.org
Thanks for this j...I totally read right over BDS...:blink:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thank You. Now I restored from a old backup. Seems I have DM Updater. Can I just D/L ROM Manager and load the ROM of my choice? Do I have to some how delete DM Updater before I load ROM Manager?

No you don't need to delete dmupdater. Its a useful tool to have. Just get rom manager and you'll be fine.

OP
artjr

artjr

Reaction score
I just checked and I am on Version 2.0.1 of DroidMod v1. When I run Rom Manager, I get a force close. I want the CyanogenMOD. How can I go from DroidMod to CyanogenMOD. Like I said I try and run ROM Manager and get a force close.

Thanks for this j...I totally read right over BDS...:blink: