video tutorial of cyanogen mod

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;43Q6khaN68s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Q6khaN68s]YouTube - From CyanogenMod 5.0.5 to Blackdroid 8.1.1 using ROM Manager[/video]

Since ultimate droid is now on cyanogen mod you can use Rom manager premium version to install roms.
1) flash clock work
2) download ROM

(this video was made before blackdroid was part of rom manager. Now that they are apart of rom manager you can access the roms from ROM manager.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How to unroot cyanogenmod
Many questions on this here is a solution.

Droidlife posted it.

[video=youtube;mDlnuGOb9YE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlnuGOb9YE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Returning Your Motorola DROID to Stock from CyanogenMod[/video]
[video=youtube;mDlnuGOb9YE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlnuGOb9YE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Returning Your Motorola DROID to Stock from CyanogenMod[/video]​

After looking at some stats from this site and reading a ton of user comments, it seems that many of you have gone the rooted route and installed the CyanogenMod which we covered last weekend. (Congrats! And I hope you are enjoying it!) With that said, I also realize that many of you are now wondering whether or not you should return to stock for the rollout of the official 2.1 OTA update which was basically announced through Verizon yesterday. While I gave you some basic written instructions on how to return to stock, I know that video tutorials are indeed a great format to help walk you through a process like this. So here we go! A couple of things to make your life easier once this is all said and done:
1. Go into Astro File Manager and backup all of your apps. (Options>Tools>App Manager/Backup>Installed Apps>Backup)
2. You might also want to backup settings, bookmarks, etc. with a program like Sprite Backup.
*Note 1* – This process will wipe your phone basically back to a stock Droid, meaning you will have to add back all of your Gmail accounts.
*Note 2* – Please remember that you will not lose your contacts. These will sync with your phone once you log back in with your Google account.
*Note 3* – Please also remember that you will not lose your applications. They are attached to your Google account and can be redownloaded through the market.
Uninstalling Cyanogen and returning to stock…
Retrieving your phone settings:
1. If you backed up your apps into Astro, you can retrieve them now. (Options>Tools>App Manager/Backup>Backed Up Apps>Install)
2. You should also restore any backups from Sprite or other backup programs to return settings.
And you are now ready to receive the OTA update!

This returns you back to stock for the ota, jonny made a thread to get you back to your last rom (Having trouble reverting to a Backup you made using Clockwork recovery?)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is from the source: the developer
Koush, on 25 March 2010 - 02:41 AM, said:
pc747, on 24 March 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:
First I have to say you guys are doing a good job; though I chose to go back to droid mod, I like what you did. I am just a fan and want to support them guys. With that said I want to learn about the clockwork recovery; and this is why. For the past three weeks on droidforums.net we have people who have installed your rom and are now panicking when they can not go back to sprecovery. The only way I know how is to flash droidmod on top of your rom to force it back to sprecovery. But the past couple of days I have had people tell me that that is not working for them.
The problem is two fold: 1) there are people flashing roms who just bought their device and did not take the time to read up on it. 2) clockwork is different from the sprecovery and people just need to take the time to learn about it.
Please email or gtalk any valuable info to help me help others and learn about clockwork (@ [email protected])
Is there away that you can add a way out in your roms; where they can just click a button to unroot or go back to the previous rom (similar to unrooting on DM). This will help eliminate some of the panic in my opinion. Thanks

Koush:
I haven't done anything to disable Droidmod. I know for a fact people switch back to SPRecovery using DM Updater and then switch back to Clockwork using ROM Manager. I think it's just user error. They can always also make a backup of a non CM ROM using ClockworkMod, and then restore it later.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
weak sauce... check out my vids lol

Seen you vids and you have done a good job. But with the recent questions about the clockworkmod and clockwork recovery I wanted to make a place where those using it can ask questions. If you are familiar with it or made a tutorial dealing with clockwork will be glad to have your video tutorials here.

vtothez

Reaction score
I wasnt tryin to thread crap lol - Yea your videos are way better lol, mine are very minimally produced. Yea I have messed around with clockwork recovery and its a pain in the ass... I had to help 2 coworkers UNbrick there phones because of it.. I use the exact method of using DMU to help out alot. I wish the ROM manager used SPR... maybe sometime soon...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wasnt tryin to thread crap lol - Yea your videos are way better lol, mine are very minimally produced. Yea I have messed around with clockwork recovery and its a pain in the ass... I had to help 2 coworkers UNbrick there phones because of it.. I use the exact method of using DMU to help out alot. I wish the ROM manager used SPR... maybe sometime soon...

To keep it real the idea of posting videos came to me after I saw you thread. So you are a reason I started that. People like me need that visual aid. I have installed clockwork again and I am learning it to help people with it. It is not as bad; I people are just getting use to sprecovery and now they have another recovery system to learn.