Need help please

bluemelalex

Reaction score
I recently rooted my gs4 and yes it is rooted and doubled checked. But I can not seem to put a new boot loader on my phone! It is a Verizon gs4 with the 4.3 update, I tried too manager and getting TWRP from there but every time I try it never downloads. Then I tried the second option with ROM manager and CWM when I open ROM manager it says cwm is working then I put my phone into recovery mode and it takes me straight to the stock boot loader!? I thought this had the built in Loki to get around the locked boot loader I have looked everywhere and can't find a solution someone please help! Thank you

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I recently rooted my gs4 and yes it is rooted and doubled checked. But I can not seem to put a new boot loader on my phone! It is a Verizon gs4 with the 4.3 update, I tried too manager and getting TWRP from there but every time I try it never downloads. Then I tried the second option with ROM manager and CWM when I open ROM manager it says cwm is working then I put my phone into recovery mode and it takes me straight to the stock boot loader!? I thought this had the built in Loki to get around the locked boot loader I have looked everywhere and can't find a solution someone please help! Thank you
We need to know what system version and baseband you are running? Go to system settings>about phone>

OP
B

bluemelalex

Reaction score
We need to know what system version and baseband you are running? Go to system settings
>about phone>
Im currently running on a Verizon SCH-I545 with android 4.3 with a baseband version ending in MJ7, from what I understand Verizon locked the boot loader in a recent update which is why goo manager and safe strap dont work and I have to wait until a recovery is compatible with MJ7 if you know something else please let me know

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Im currently running on a Verizon SCH-I545 with android 4.3 with a baseband version ending in MJ7, from what I understand Verizon locked the boot loader in a recent update which is why goo manager and safe strap dont work and I have to wait until a recovery is compatible with MJ7 if you know something else please let me know
You pretty much got it right. You can root MJ7, but there is no custom recovery as of right now, from my understanding. There are a couple of threads on XDA that focus on MJ7. You may want to visit that forum for the latest information and progress on custom recovery for MJ7 users.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
You pretty much got it right. You can root MJ7, but there is no custom recovery as of right now, from my understanding. There are a couple of threads on XDA that focus on MJ7. You may want to visit that forum for the latest information and progress on custom recovery for MJ7 users.

You need to follow this thread closely. Hashcode has done an awesome job so far with Safe Strap as the go-to method for flashing custom Rom's up to the ME7 build. He's supposed to be getting a MJ7 S4 sometime next week. My advice would be to wait and be patient until then.

Here is the XDA thread link:

[RECOVERY LOCKED/ME7/MI1] Safestrap Recovery v3.65 [2013-11-15] - xda-developers