Need Help going back to stock, noob wit 2.1, flash necessary??

dezil

Reaction score
Ok so...I had previously rooted and used nandroid, uninstalled root and all other root related apps/files, updated to 2.1 What I would like to do is return to 2.0.1, so I can then combine root and update back to 2.1. Do I have to erase/flash with sbf? I have a nandroid backup with 2.0.1, can I use that? I am a noob and would greatly appreciate any aid with limited lingo and the easiest method, thanx

OP
D

dezil

Reaction score
Yeah, I had come across that, was hoping for an easier method but looks like I need to take the plunge. So I will have to backup contacts/apps/saves and the like? Really just want to overclock as I have noticed sluggishness with 2.1, not even running live wallpapers, and some games are almost unplayable...never did custom roms waiting for this...ugghh...frustrating

mwest

Reaction score
Yeah, I had come across that, was hoping for an easier method but looks like I need to take the plunge. So I will have to backup contacts/apps/saves and the like? Really just want to overclock as I have noticed sluggishness with 2.1, not even running live wallpapers, and some games are almost unplayable...never did custom roms waiting for this...ugghh...frustrating

No you don't have to back up your contacts at all google takes care of that for you.When you turn your phone back on your contacts will auto sycn again so long as you sign into your gmail account. Your apps are a different story I use app manager pro to back my apps and you can also use astro i remember seeing something in there about backing up your apps and its free. The market will usually keep most of your downloaded apps even after a wipe. Your purchased apps can definitely be found in the market (app store).

After you have done this process you will then need to root your dorid and then flash it with sprecovery and then you can use petes ESE81 rooted update.

It sounds hard but once you go through the steps you'll find that it was easier than you thought. If you have any questions please post back.

Good luck.

wazhere

Reaction score
Stuck

I saw this error listed but am unable to find the solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I'm running Win7 using admin and all drivers updated.....

ERROR: \\?\c:\users\onlytwo\downloads\vzw_a855_esd20_qsc6 085bp_c_01.3b.01p_sw_update.sbf contains an invalid path.
File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFi leIO.cpp

I seem to get this error no matter what sbf I try. Even tried the command line option listed by someone here.

Thanks in advance for the help

I'm at 2.1 unrooted and need to drop back..