need help bad

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Stuck on froyo 2.2, 2.4.330. I was rooted but unrooted so I could get update from vzw for 4.5.608 but every time I download it and go to install it, it fails. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If the unroot process did not reset the counter, VZW sees your device as custom and will not install any update. Check About Phone and see if it indicates modified or custom. If so, you will need Triangle Away to reset the counter.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
In about phone, where would I look to see? Build Number says VZW. Where can I get Triangle Away at? Thank you for helping, this is driving me nuts

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's usually at the bottom. Triangle Away is on the Play Store. Make sure your phone is listed as tested and works.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Triangle Away is not supported on this device. I've went in on Root Explorer and went in system/ bin/ and deleted hijack and logwrapper and renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper to get rid of Droid2bootstrap and went in data/ and deleted .recovery.mode. Is there anything else that could be in the files or system that I've missed??

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Triangle Away is not supported on this device. I've went in on Root Explorer and went in system/ bin/ and deleted hijack and logwrapper and renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper to get rid of Droid2bootstrap and went in data/ and deleted .recovery.mode. Is there anything else that could be in the files or system that I've missed??
Just flash the 608 sbf with rsd lite or use the 608 ezSBF
Links in my list
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: for D2G

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
If the unroot process did not reset the counter, VZW sees your device as custom and will not install any update. Check About Phone and see if it indicates modified or custom. If so, you will need Triangle Away to reset the counter.
There is no counter in d2g firmware, but it does check build.prop, everything must be stock, anything missing, update will fail, can be rooted, but root will be lost.