Need bluetooth RECEIVER w/3.5mm for car aux.

Raziel36

Reaction score
I recently spent some cash to get a radio with built-in Bluetooth.. for getting rid of wires this is the way to go. I had a friend get into my car yesterday and wanted to play some of his iPhone music. I let him pair with my stereo and, even as a music lover, he was very shocked with the quality. He left saying "I definitely need that in my car". I realize that it's not the cheapest route, but the total cost for the stereo, wiring harness and dashboard install kit was only $135, at Walmart. I was worried about going with the 'cheap' stereo, but it sounds amazing, even with stock speakers.

Edit: it also has front USB and AUX input, and I tried all 3 with my DX, with zero difference in sound.. don't listen to the people who say you lose quality with BT. Using PowerAMP as my player, the stereo controls work to change songs/folders and start/stop, eliminating the need to touch the phone at all, while driving.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ucpro

Reaction score
Did I forget to mention I am a cheap SOB?
Found this... gonna give it a shot. The price cant be beat!
DealExtreme: $12.99 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black)

It doesnt do the built in charging.. but it should at least let me see how much I Will use it before upgrading.

I also found a right angle micro usb adapter on amazon for about $3 that should help tuck the power cable to the phone up a little.

i have this one. the problem is that it lasts maybe 2 hours of constant playing, then u gotta unplug it and charge it. there should be something that will let u play and charge at the same time. it also doesn't connect to the phone automatically, you have to go to your bt settings everytime to connect. so if you think you won't be using it for hours at a time, it's well worth it, but if you're looking at extended play, i'd go for somethin a little more expensive that you can charge and play at the same time

marvin02

Reaction score
Here's one that will let you play and charge at the same time. I'm still shopping for a solution so haven't tried it yet.