Need a case...

jpin321

Reaction score
Ok i need some help. I never buy cases for phones i don't like the bulk or the wear that they cause. But with the nexus this thing is slippery. I almost drop it daily, it slides all over the car when I'm driving. The battery cover on my og droid did a good job of making the phone stay put.

What case is everyone else using. I want something with some grip. I got the case from Verizon with the kickstand but i hate it and it has no more grip than the phone.

I would like a case that fits the extended battery. But it doesn't have to i will gladly remove the extended battery for a nice case.

Thanks forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nadav64

Reaction score
I have one and it's awesome its called diztronic I highly recommend it.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Diztronic cases. Go here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=diztronic+galaxy+nexus&x=0&y=0&sprefix=diztron%2Caps%2C185. The matte cases are a bit slippery, but the gloss are pretty good if that's your issue.

These cases are slim, provide full coverage and come with a full (edge to edge) screen protector. Even though their product description may say otherwise, their case DO fit the extended battery. Hands down the best case you can buy for the G-Nex. Also, if you have ANY issues with the case, their customer service is second to none.

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
+1 for Diztronic cases. Go here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=diztronic+galaxy+nexus&x=0&y=0&sprefix=diztron%2Caps%2C185. The matte cases are a bit slippery, but the gloss are pretty good if that's your issue.

These cases are slim, provide full coverage and come with a full (edge to edge) screen protector. Even though their product description may say otherwise, their case DO fit the extended battery. Hands down the best case you can buy for the G-Nex. Also, if you have ANY issues with the case, their customer service is second to none.

I love good customer service.

vico512

Reaction score
I've also been leery of the slipperiness of the Nexus. The Diztronic case looks pretty good. How thick is it? I still need the ability to slip the phone into a belt holster.

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
xda-developers - View Single Post - **pics included** Black Cruzer Case on Amazon fits GSM perfect

Just look at the pictures. They say it all.

But if that wasn't enough here is a review of a respected XDA forum poster.

Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 Case review - xda-developers

I like these and the price. Do you have one? Most people comment on a cases protection or fit. Almost no one ever says anything about grip. Do you know if these are slick?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I like these and the price. Do you have one? Most people comment on a cases protection or fit. Almost no one ever says anything about grip. Do you know if these are slick?

There is a thread on cruzerlite in the sub forum accessory for the nexus. I have the black one and its doesn't add to much thickness to the phone and it grippy on the side with the rivets. The glossy part its grippy too. The android logo is not as grippy as the shiny glossy part.

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
There is a thread on cruzerlite in the sub forum accessory for the nexus. I have the black one and its doesn't add to much thickness to the phone and it grippy on the side with the rivets. The glossy part its grippy too. The android logo is not as grippy as the shiny glossy part.

Thanks for the info, didn't think, i should have posted this in that forum. But it's not in my favorites on my phone. :)

I had actually read that forum post already, but either missed it or nobody said anything about grip. Thanks for your info on your experience with it.

nadav64

Reaction score

I have one and to be honest without the case I couldn't hold my phone because it was so slippery. The grip on this case is epic!

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
I have one and to be honest without the case I couldn't hold my phone because it was so slippery. The grip on this case is epic!

Thanks that's exactly what I've been wanting to hear. :)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna check out one of these Crusers - I currently have the Black Glossy TPU case from Verizon. $24.95, I have the extended battery and it fits like a glove. Every part of it is grippy which is nice and it feels good in the hand.

Tried the Diztronic and found it was too slippery - gave it to my dad who likes that face because it was easier to get in and out of pocket.

x25064

Reaction score
Cruzerlite makes excellent cases for the nexus. Very sticky tpu so it'll sty in your hand just fine. I have the teal androids one and its awesome. He just came out with new designs that have Andy android on half the case.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've gone to Amazon and read the reviews - many complain that you cant grip the case without changing the volume. Is that true?

I have the Verizon Silicon Case in Black which fits like a glove and doesn't have any issues. I don't know if getting this will make me any happier.

The weight is exactly the same between the Cruzer and the Verizon model. Of course the Verizon is much more expensive but the black looks great, doesn't get fingerprints and has an awesome grip.