Need a car dock that will fit a case and hold horizontally

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I have an insipio case on my phone (great so far btw) so I need a generic car dock that will hold it horizontally without dropping it. Thanks much!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Check out the

Universal RAM X-Grip™ Holder & Mounts

RAM makes top shelf stuff. You choose the holder and then you can pick any number of different types of mounts for it. Go to Express Mounts and you can piece together your own choosing different length arms and several types of mounts. Or buy an already made kit.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I've seen those. They are crazy expensive though. The cheapest I could build was still like $50

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The different versions of the iOttie One-Touch have good reviews. They allow for vertical or horizontal docking. This one is made with devices up to the size of the Galaxy Note in mind (and it's advertised for the S3), so it allows for a wider footprint (3.5" across). Since some of the reviews state that it fits a Note with a slim case, there shouldn't be any problems fitting the S3 with an Incipio case. This one is a little bit smaller (for devices up to 3" across), and is also advertised for the S3. Some of the reviews from people with a S3 say that it fits fine with a case, while others say it's a tight squeeze with a case. I think the first one that fits up to 3.5" is the safer bet for the S3 with a case.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Just put this in and it's great...

Mountek nGroove CD Slot Car Mount #1 Top Rated, Best Seller List

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Now that's a creative idea. I understand that this blocks the slot, but does the cd player still work if there is a disk already in? The only CD i have in my car is of kids songs for my son when he rides with me. The disk hasn't come out of the slot in more than six months, but i wouldn't want it not to work.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the CD slot Car mount, and can tell me if it allows the cd in the player still to be able to play? Can there even be a CD in the player at the same time?

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I don't know what a fixture sponge is, but everything about that site seems suspicious. Not limited to the grammar

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I don't know what a fixture sponge is, but everything about that site seems suspicious. Not limited to the grammar
Seconded. Everything about that site looks sketchy to me, and the product(i'm not even sure what it is) doesn't seem to exist outside of that site. Buyer Beware.

Edit.. looks like this here from China. Apparently a fixture sponge is a fancy name for the suction cup. still looks sketchy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Holder-...car-Phone-Holder-/300730520095#ht_3632wt_1037

Last edited: