Horizontal Phone Call?

SirSyeco

Reaction score
I searched with no result.. does anyone know if you can use the phone in car dock/ horizontal mode?

Its annoying to be using nav in the car dock horizontally to have phone calls come in and it switches to vertical mode while still on its side.

THanks!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Consider using your Car Dock in Vertical mode, IMHO it works better for Naviagtion because seeing more in front of you instead of more beside you is better on the road.
:)
Just a thought.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Consider using your Car Dock in Vertical mode, IMHO it works better for Naviagtion because seeing more in front of you instead of more beside you is better on the road.
Just a thought.
This has been my solution :) I find it easier to respond to texts if need be as well.

elgordo123

Reaction score
I was able to initiate a phone call from the car dock (in horizontal mode). I just touched home then phone (like normal). The dialpad didn't show, I was driving down the freeway, so I couldn't look into this further (I will next time I'm in the car), so I just went back and clicked the "Voice Dial" icon (I put on my home screen) and said Dial x.xxx.xxxx it worked perfectly.

Love the car dock - definitely worth it. My phone is about 2 to 2 1/2 feet from my head while in the dock. The other caller could hear my fine and the droid speaker phone sounded great.

I have a habit of losing my bluetooth earpiece, but now I don't need one.

Droid - It's officially "Peanut Butter / Jelly Time"!

:icon_ banana:

elgordo123

Reaction score
This has been my solution :) I find it easier to respond to texts if need be as well.

What, What, What? Please tell me your not on the 10 Freeway in California! If so, I'll find another route home! :icon_eek:

OP
SirSyeco

SirSyeco

Reaction score
ok well thanks for all the info.

I'll try the vertical thing out next time. Now that I mention it, I can't really think of a good reason why I was obsessed to keep in horizontal.. I guess all the pictures or something.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my car dock. I have an aux input on my stereo so I connect the Droid to that and when I get a call I hear it through my car speakers. Same with navigation, music, etc. I like listening to Pandora while I drive to work lol

I also like responding to texts at red lights and whatnot. It's actually pretty easy and with it on the windshield I can see when the light turns green. Doesn't take my attention from the road at all IMO

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What, What, What? Please tell me your not on the 10 Freeway in California! If so, I'll find another route home! :icon_eek:

He's a Cabbie on the 10

jpdroid

Reaction score
Consider using your Car Dock in Vertical mode

That will work for the Car Dock, but the Multimedia Dock has the same issue when answering calls horizontally. The problem with using the Car Dock vertically in my car is that the position of the car's power outlet puts a strain on the microUSB when it's plugged horizontally into the DROID, and I suspect that might cause some weakening of the connector over time. The plug goes in vertically when the mount is horizontal, so there is little to no strain on the connector.

thaJack

Reaction score
I'd like to see the in-call screen rotate, too. Not just for the car dock, but I sometimes have it in the multimedia dock and answer the phone on speaker. Would be nice if it rotated.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm on the other side of the country. :) No need to change your commute! lol.

Western MA, only on the highway getting city to city... other than that it's surface roads. Stop lights, ya know ? :)

Frak

Reaction score
Consider using your Car Dock in Vertical mode

That will work for the Car Dock, but the Multimedia Dock has the same issue when answering calls horizontally. The problem with using the Car Dock vertically in my car is that the position of the car's power outlet puts a strain on the microUSB when it's plugged horizontally into the DROID, and I suspect that might cause some weakening of the connector over time. The plug goes in vertically when the mount is horizontal, so there is little to no strain on the connector.
Good point.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Just a thought.

+1. Started using it in landscape mode because that's what all the Garmins and such look like. Now I use it in portrait and I don't know why Garmin and the others do it that way. Works better in portrait mode. Garmin and TomTom will probably switch to tall and skinny like a cell phone eventually... if they don't go out of business because of what DroidDoes for free.