navigation

tommyz

Reaction score
So I understand that might be good fix... But apparently I have set my expectations to high as I kinda expect the phone to work without me doing some fix if maybe a GPS dance.. :) I have had a Droid 1 Droid 2 and Droid X none of them needed a fix from the market and they easily find me inside my house or pretty much anywhere for that matter

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I'm not saying you will have to always use the fix. The problem went away. I suspect one of the updates on the phone or Verizon network corrected the problem. I haven't seen it since the few times about a year ago.

If you are the only one seeing the issue, it could be your phone. Keep an eye on the forums and see if anyone else is having the problem.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
Seriously it sucks. Same thing I argue with iPhone people. They need to hack their phones to do what they want.

This is the same thing.

what i said has nothing to do with hacking your phone. no root is needed. for some reason, the thunderbolt has trouble downloading the ephemeris data. what this app does is manually download it. hopefully htc will release a patch for this.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

I was in the same boat as many people with the Thunderbolt. It would take upwards of 20 mins to get a lock, if I did that is. I did this and now i get locks within 10 seconds when I'm outside and sometimes even when i'm inside.

Seriously it sucks. Same thing I argue with iPhone people. They need to hack their phones to do what they want.

This is the same thing.

what i said has nothing to do with hacking your phone. no root is needed. for some reason, the thunderbolt has trouble downloading the ephemeris data. what this app does is manually download it. hopefully htc will release a patch for this.

Thanks for passing on this info, it is very helpful!

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

This is the same thing.

Why did you ask for help? I my business takes me to several locations everyday that I have never been to. I use my Droid for GPS almost as much as I use it for a phone. It works perfectly most of the time, but you do have to occasionally perform the fixes recommended here. Mine more so when I first got it than now. Evidently fixes came for the D1, they will probably come for the TB too.

therock

Reaction score
I have had the endless searching for GPS twice. Both times a reboot cured it.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Mine did his same thing. I had to flash a zip file to fix it. I'll post the directions later.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, Das BAMF

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Here's your fix.

ERE IS HOW TO FIX, "SEARCHING FOR GPS." You'll have to be rooted to do this. Credit goes to: kejar31 over at XDA-Developers. Requirements: You'll have to be rooted. Download the file: ImproveGPSlock.zip on one of those pages by that user. Download Quick Boot from Android Market, then boot into recovery. Download the file: ImproveGPSlock.zip and place it on your SD card for your phone in the root folder(root folder means in no folder) Then reboot into recovery, you see the file in your sd card by clicking the "install zip from sdcard". Install that file, reboot your phone and your navigation will be working instantly. Here's the link to that page: http:// forum.xda-developers.com/ showthread.php?t=1022654&page=2

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, Das BAMF

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

I was in the same boat as many people with the Thunderbolt. It would take upwards of 20 mins to get a lock, if I did that is. I did this and now i get locks within 10 seconds when I'm outside and sometimes even when i'm inside.

this worked lovely.. THANKS!!!

Blacksheep427

Reaction score

Had the app, followed your suggestion, works good now. I'm not "in NY". lol