Navigating on bionic

felixtibs

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues navigating with google maps/navigation on their bionics? It never find the GPS and it doesn't voice out the step by step command.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tbrand68

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues navigating with google maps/navigation on their bionics? It never find the GPS and it doesn't voice out the step by step command.

Try this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2
Go outside and make sure your phones GPS can lock onto some satellites.... if not, perhaps your GPS is turned off or broken...

Then open navigation and enter an address...
once it calculates the route, press the menu button and make sure the navigation voice is not muted. There is a button that can mute the voice...

Hope that helps at least point you in the right direction.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Also, if it's your first time using the navigation feature, it'll ask you if you want to download/enable voice navigation. If you opted not to download/enable it, it have that feature.

OP
F

felixtibs

Reaction score
The GPS is active but its not finding it when I activate navigator. It just says "finding GPS" or something

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use my Bionic Nav everyday with no issues. Follow Tbrands advice on GPS status in the market. I had occasional issues on my OG Droid in Nav. With GPS status you can see what is going on. Somehow GPS status would start my GPS when I was having issues. Other times a power cycle would solve the issues.

OP
F

felixtibs

Reaction score
power cycled did not work, gps status did not work, don't know what's the matter... it just keeps saying searching for gps. it can locate me however It cannot provide navigation. really frustrating I am I the only 1 with this issue.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
power cycled did not work, gps status did not work, don't know what's the matter... it just keeps saying searching for gps. it can locate me however It cannot provide navigation. really frustrating I am I the only 1 with this issue.

Is you wifi on? Turn on if not

What stats are you seeing on GPS status. I see 8/8 sats (inside now, better when outside) Error 19ft (better outside) Is you Lat/Long accurate?

Then In GPS Status. Menu>Tools>Manage A-GPS state>Reset
After above try Nav again.

gsDroid

Reaction score
In settings > location & security, make sure you have Google and Verizon location services checked. Go outside and have wifi, data and gps all enabled, start gps status and make sure you see locked satellites. If you cannot find locked satellites, you may have a bad gps radio.

OP
F

felixtibs

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. GPS Status shows the compass but has the blue circle spinning in the background. Every GPS is selected. Everyone is asking how many satellites it is connected to with GPS status; I cant tell you its not even an option!. The GPS ICON just flashes looking for a lock on my GPS. My wife's droid X works just fine. I am thinking I have a broken GPS unit!?

OP
F

felixtibs

Reaction score
Fyi, I sent it back to verizon and got a new replacement. It fixed the problem.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yep sounds like it. Both of my Droids get GPS lock indoors in seconds. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk