Nav App - Finding your parked car

GeneAZ

Reaction score
Is there a quick and easy way to store your current location upon parking your car? In other words, create a waypoint (this term does not seem to be used with the Google Map Nav app) so one can 'navigate' on foot back to the parked car.

Also, I have seen references to a 'NavLauncher' app noting some interesting capabilities but I have not been able to find it in the Market Place. If such a thing exists, do I have the wrong name?

Thx

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there a quick and easy way to store your current location upon parking your car? In other words, create a waypoint (this term does not seem to be used with the Google Map Nav app) so one can 'navigate' on foot back to the parked car.

Also, I have seen references to a 'NavLauncher' app noting some interesting capabilities but I have not been able to find it in the Market Place. If such a thing exists, do I have the wrong name?

Thx

My Tracks would track your steps throughout the store, and then you could work your way towards the starting point. The it would let you know how long it took you too!

baniels

Reaction score
Long press on any spot in google maps. Click on the little bubble that appear. Then click on the star in the screen that comes up next.

Location saved and marked with a star.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Long press on any spot in google maps. Click on the little bubble that appear. Then click on the star in the screen that comes up next.

Location saved and marked with a star.

I long press and businesses pop up.

baniels

Reaction score
That doesn't matter. Navigate back to the star to find your car.

OP
GeneAZ

GeneAZ

Reaction score
re MyTracker

Thx for reply. Downloaded MyTracks, will give it a try. Not likely the ideal solution but could work.

Seems like this situation would invite an obvious app for someone to create!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thx for reply. Downloaded MyTracks, will give it a try. Not likely the ideal solution but could work.

Seems like this situation would invite an obvious app for someone to create!

Baniels...thanks, that does the trick.

GeneAz, there are car locator apps out there. I tried one until it became a paid app, had an arrow that pointed it to you along with how far away you had gotten from it as well as how long you had been away. Guess that tells you which way to run, and how fast, when the meter is about to run out! Car Locator was the name of the app, for $3.99 in the market. There are others out there too, paid and free.

OP
GeneAZ

GeneAZ

Reaction score
re LongPress

Yes! That's what I'm talking about!

Thx - this will work perfectly.

Sorry, should have been able to figure that out for myself! :icon_eek:

techguru

Reaction score
Been using car locator since I got my Droid in November. There are some free apps out now, but Car Locator has two features I really like that I haven't seen elsewhere. It has a widget that instantly saves the location, and it has an add-on that will mark your location when it detects disconnection from a specific Bluetooth device like a head unit, hands free device, or headset.