Car Finder

micp1480

Reaction score
I am totally lost about this option of the navigation system that came with my Droid. Supposedly you can tag your car on the map when you park, and then when returning to your car, you are able to find where you parked it. I am having difficult time configuring this. Can someone walk me through this?

Thank you,

MICP 1480

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Thank you so much, I will try it.

MICP1480

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I tried the Car Finder app but it drained my battery VERY quickly. I uninstalled it.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
theres also one called "Carr Matey"

it will let you pin where your car is parked and then will direct you to it.

the only thing i could go without the pirate theme it has but it seems to work quite well. did not notice and battery drain out of the ordinary.

eNonsense

Reaction score
Car Locator works. When you're at your car just hit the menu button & select "save location". The next time you open the program it will instantly start directing you back to that location. After the GPS locates you of course.

Daywalker

Reaction score

the only thing i could go without the pirate theme it has but it seems to work quite well. did not notice and battery drain out of the ordinary.
I want pirate one where did you find it.

zegolf

Reaction score

Carr Matey?!?

Oh Man! :rofl3: That's an awesome name. I'm adding that to my list of "must haves".

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

its in the market under the same name.... you drop anchor where your car is and then when you goto find vessel and will show you a map and or a old compass with the distance to direct you towards your car.

PatG

Reaction score
With any of these applications, can you "mark" the car in the system then just kill the app and turn GPS off? When it is time to find your car again turn back on GPS and the app?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
With any of these applications, can you "mark" the car in the system then just kill the app and turn GPS off? When it is time to find your car again turn back on GPS and the app?

yes..... i know carr matey does this, i dont know about the others.

kbrede

Reaction score
Car Locator works. When you're at your car just hit the menu button & select "save location". The next time you open the program it will instantly start directing you back to that location. After the GPS locates you of course.

I liked this save option, so you don't have to keep GPS running. The problem I had with this app is my car was in the West and the compass was directing me East. I've only tried it once, I'll give it another try.
Kent

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes, even if you pull the battery. I had to last Friday and it knew where my car was after I powered up. Car Locator did as well.

BTW, it's Carrr Matey. You need the extra "R" in the search. I have both and they both work fine (although you have to pay for Car Locator after 10 uses).

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes, even if you pull the battery. I had to last Friday and it knew where my car was after I powered up. Car Locator did as well.

BTW, it's Carrr Matey. You need the extra "R" in the search. I have both and they both work fine (although you have to pay for Car Locator after 10 uses).

oops i thought it only had 2 r's