narrowed it down btwn 2 phone cases, which would u choose?

hemi1300

Reaction score
DROID X by Motorola Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

Motorola DROID X, DROID X, Cases, Accessories, Verizon

have it down to these two i'm deciding btwn. Now i'm leaning more towards the commuter bc i have heard such great things about them, and never tried one before. Hopefully a few can chime in that use the commuter or incipio, how is the thickness on the commuter, is it easy to carry in your pocket still? Another reason i'm leaning towards the otterbox com, i really like the idea of the plug to keep dust out of all the ports, and otterbox claims it will work with the extended battery which i have. Please help asap, want to order one today. Tired of goin through all these cheap cases that don't fit for crap. Some close up pics of either always helps too:)

Eskay

Reaction score
Otterbox makes great products and although I am unfamiliar with the second one you referenced, I would absolutely recommend the commuter as the best case for a mix of protection and a minimal size increase.

Also, If you go to Otterbox's website and use the code "DiveShowOtter" when checking out you will get 20% off and free shipping. That brings the total to just over 27 bucks, cheaper than the other case you mentioned.

Edit: Thought I should mention that I have the Commuter case for my DX.

OP
H

hemi1300

Reaction score
Well i couldn't decide btwn the two so i ended up ordering both the commuter case and the red/black incipio case. I have also never heard of incipio until i heard of them on another droid forum, looks like a very nice case though. I think btwn the two cases i should be happy lol

pat3ck

Reaction score
Well, OtterBox is known for giving your gadget a tough and durable case so you wouldn't go wrong with that one.

Regarding myIncipio, we like their products (we had a few samples given to us for our iPad) and the quality is great.

Good thing you bought the two. :)

SonicMetal15

Reaction score
Incipio: Quality you can feel

I just received the black/black Incipio case today and I gotta say, the quality and craftsmanship is incredible. It feels soft, including the outer plastic shell, and is very lightweight that you can slide it into your pocket, although because of the added thickness, it might not feel all that comfortable. However, you can always remove the outer shell, which comes off so much easier than my Seidio Innocase Surface. It's not a snap-off type of case which, after using the Seidio, I decided I did not want in any future case. Instead, Incipio designed it so that the outer plastic shell fits just perfectly over the inner silicon core. And I love that with both pieces on, it doesn't constrict the outer edges of the Droid X screen, so dragging your finger from one side to the other is the same as if the case weren't on at all. That's what I call a perfectly designed case.

The only con is if you use an extended battery, which I myself have. While both pieces of armor will still fit, the edges of the inner piece on the sides of the Droid X look like they are about to slide off. However, if you slide it into the outer plastic shell, that does remedy it, but again, the fit isn't picture perfect. So I just removed the extended battery cover and put both pieces of armor on - problem solved. Sure, that might be kinda risky, but this case fits so perfectly and tight on the X that it's like the battery is still covered.

OP
H

hemi1300

Reaction score
I also just received my incipio case today, and completely agree that the fit and quality is excellent!! Fits the phone like a glove and has a very nice feel to it, also it's not bulky at all in my pocket. Actually about the same thickness as my silicone fleabay case. Also have the extended battery, and don't notice any issue with having the door on. If u look directly at the screen the sides of the inner silicone core are bowed out just a bit in the middle, but not really a big deal. I'm just leaving my door on for a few days, and maybe it will form better to the battery door. The red/black is pretty sharp looking also. Normally i just buy all black cases, but i also have the otterbox commuter on its way, so i decided to try the red/black for a different look. Can't wait for the otterbox commuter so i can do a side by side comparison to see which i like better. Hopefully it fits as good as the incipio

TheNamek

Reaction score
I also just received my incipio case today, and completely agree that the fit and quality is excellent!! Fits the phone like a glove and has a very nice feel to it, also it's not bulky at all in my pocket. Actually about the same thickness as my silicone fleabay case. Also have the extended battery, and don't notice any issue with having the door on. If u look directly at the screen the sides of the inner silicone core are bowed out just a bit in the middle, but not really a big deal. I'm just leaving my door on for a few days, and maybe it will form better to the battery door. The red/black is pretty sharp looking also. Normally i just buy all black cases, but i also have the otterbox commuter on its way, so i decided to try the red/black for a different look. Can't wait for the otterbox commuter so i can do a side by side comparison to see which i like better. Hopefully it fits as good as the incipio

Well, did you ever the otterbox? If so, how does it fare compared with the incipio? Has the incipio broken yet even?! Do tell ;)

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I have an Incipio, I love it it has a very sexy design and an amazing fit

Gzsmooth

Reaction score
Would I have to remove the incipio case to put the phone on the dock? How difficult is it to remove?

trf12567

Reaction score
I have the commuter case for my DX and am very happy with it. It adds very little bulk to the phone and, in my opinion, makes the phone look better. The outer plastic cover has a nice wood grain looking finish and, aside from helping to protect the phone, makes it easier to get in and out of your pocket. You can't go wrong with this case.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chazall1

Reaction score
I have my first OtterBox. I will always have an Otterbox. Best Quality and protection out their. I remember the old saying "You get what you pay for" With all the cases available, I was glad to find the OtterBox.

Reaction score
Wish I had stumbled across this thread before making my Amazon purchase! Thats $6 I could've saved! Ha. Thanks for the link, very helpful for a new Droid X user seeking an efficient case. :)

rydude07

Reaction score
I also can't decide between the commuter or the incipio. I want something where it is easy to slide in and out of a pocket and doesnt collect much lint.

Which of those 2 are better? Should one just go for the rocketfish for ease of getting in and out of pocket and lack of lint it picks up?