Androidforuman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE Axon
I just got a ZTE Axon, the original one, not the 7, from amazon unlocked. About a day after setting up I sarted noticing this strange ghost that will appear on my home screens. It looks like a snapchat ghost and moves around like a facebook chat bubble. Its only on home screens, but it's still there when I come out of an application untill I click it, when it takes me to a mystery news feed I never set up or downloaded.

I've been through my permissions and apps and I don't even have a news app installed.
I ran a check with 360 Security, it's still there.
It is malicious? Or a default phone feature? Or is my phone possessed by the deceased soul of my HTC M8 that I neglectfully dropped too many times, and is now haunting me?

I would love some help into this mystery, I attached screenshots of the mystery ghost symbol and the mystery news page it takes me to. I hope I can deactivate this annoying thing.

I just realized I have a screenshot of it on a snapchat screen, my best guess it that it's related to snapchat but I can't find anything in settings or maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.
Screenshot_20170218-132647.png
Screenshot_20170218-133056.png

Screenshot_20170218-132638.png
Thanks in advance for your combined knowledge and help.

Androidforuman

OP
A

Androidforuman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE Axon
the intrigue deepens.png
more intrigue.png

Google can only find the stock photo reference, doesn't appear in visually similar images, and I also searched using the stock images, the intrigue deepens.... would really appreciate some help with this I can't find and reference to the issue on the internet and I don't consider myself entirely incompetent and finding things on the wide web

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried deleting snap chat and see if it goes away?
If not try the same for any apps you installed around the time the ghost showed up.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
A

Androidforuman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE Axon
Thanks for your help mounatinbikermark I waited for it to appear and deleted apps till it dissapeared. Of course it was the ad-loaded TouchPal keyboard. Now I deleted the app but the keyboard is still installed and even sent me a notification to activate it, any way to permanently remove all the associated files?

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
Anyone else find this slightly amusing? A ghost with a shocked face floating around your screen :D

It was never going to be snapchat, that ghost looks nothing like theirs for one.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find this slightly amusing? A ghost with a shocked face floating around your screen :D

It was never going to be snapchat, that ghost looks nothing like theirs for one.
Without knowing if your phone has a file manager app built in,I cannot suggest use it or am aftermarket one. Whichever route you take look for any files/folders/.apks for that app and delete them.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><